Take a central role
The Bank of Canada has a vision to be “a leading central bank—dynamic, engaged and trusted—committed to a better Canada.” No other employer in the country offers you the unique opportunity to work at the very center of Canada’s economy, in a diverse and inclusive organization with significant impact on the economic and financial well-being of all Canadians. You will be challenged, energized and motivated to excel in an environment where we are reinventing central banking, renewing ways of doing business and reinforcing a culture of innovation.
About the position
You will be developing for the many sites that power the Bank of Canada’s web presence, including bankofcanada.ca, credit.bankofcanada.ca and bankofcanadamuseum.ca. You will have the opportunity to work on several different projects with a variety of people. If you are considering a career in web development, communications or information design, this placement is perfect for you.
Your future responsibilities
As a Web Developer you will participate in agile projects; identify, recommend and implement innovative ways of doing business; and write custom plug-ins to support the Bank of Canada’s web presence needs. You will also contribute to open-source web projects, create online tools and website features, document your code, and conduct quality-assurance testing of web pages and functions.
Your education and experience
You must be currently enrolled in a university or college co-op program or you must be a full-time or part-time student.
Your knowledge and skills
- a strong understanding of the web, including HTML, JS and CSS
- proficiency with the LAMP/WAMP stack
- knowledge of typography and design basics, with the ability to create simple and usable interfaces
- great communication skills: we’re an agile team, so frequent and clear communication is a must
- self-driven work ethic: you need to be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion
- experience building WordPress themes and plug-ins
- experience running and developing on open-source platforms such as Linux
- basic design/typography/UX skills
- experience with automated testing
- experience with code versioning (GIT, SVN)
English or French essential
What you can expect from us
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organization and be part of a high-performing team.
- Salaries are based on qualifications and experience and typically range from $20.89 to $25.06 (job grade Student C)
- Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent resident.
- Security level required: Reliability
- There will be no relocation assistance provided
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.