Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Global Markets.
The team is looking for software developers to build out a strategic Data Architecture for Global Banking & Markets. The architecture enables low latency persistence, enrichment & provisioning of data at scale for business & regulatory use cases. The data platform uses open source technologies and is a collaborative, strategic development effort in GBAM.
- Strong programming skills in a recognized object-oriented programming language. Examples include, but are not limited to Python, Java, Scala, C#, and C++.
- Experience with open source Data technologies (Spark, HBase/Cassandra, Kafka, Hadoop, Mesos, etc.)
- Experience building enterprise-grade APIs & service frameworks (REST, RPC, SpringBoot, etc.)
- Familiarity in Unix/Linux development environments & tools including scripting & process management.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- A team player who can collaborate with all stakeholders with strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability or potential to multitask, prioritize and perform in a front-office facing environment.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with scalable, high-performance systems.
- Experience with analytics & data modeling for business & MIS use cases.
- Front office experience, preferably in a securities or derivatives trading environment.
- Experience in Test Driven Development & Agile methodologies.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: