As Office Administrator, you'll play a central role in keeping our busy Head Office running smoothly, by performing and assisting with a wide variety of day-to-day operations. This is an excellent opportunity for career development for an individual with the right experience, and a positive, 'can-do' attitude.
Office Administration & Accounting Duties:
- Represent Banff Caribou Properties Ltd. (o/a Banff Lodging Company) in such a manner as to enhance the reputation of the company;
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner;
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members and/or forward voice mail from the general mailbox to the appropriate staff member;
- Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate staff member;
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information;
- Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner;
- Receive incoming courier packages and prepare outgoing packages;
- Process daily outgoing mail using postage machine and retrieve incoming mail from post office including opening, stamping and sorting;
- Manage boardroom bookings and/or assist with catering for meetings;
- Keep kitchen and boardrooms tidy and stocked as required;
- Filing as required;
- Run company errands including daily bank runs;
- Provide general administrative support to the President, Directors and Owners;
- Manage schedule for office multi-use vehicles;
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the organization's databases including phone and email directories;
- Open and close reception, responsible for locking doors and elevator at end of day.
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents;
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available;
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment, including photocopier, etc.
- Maintain the cheque receipt log;
- Work with building manager to maintain workplace health & safety programs including emergency procedures, fire drills, elevator safety etc. ;
- Manage and arrange for distribution and storage of key cards, Best of Banff booklets, postcards etc. Alert Sales & Marketing for the need to re-print as required;
- Provide administrative support for operational processes, including coordination of training initiatives, meetings and special projects;
- Other fun and exciting projects and responsibilities that contribute to improved efficiency, smarter processes and a happier work environment!
- Assist with administrative overflow and special projects from other departments as needed.
- Prepare and code select invoices including matching with receiving slips;
- Manage invoices relating to assigned A/P accounts including batching and entering;
- Assist with inter-company receivables;
- Prepare vendor cheques for mailing;
- Provide coverage during vacations and absences;
- Administer petty cash according to established procedures.
- This position requires a minimum one year commitment;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft based software;
- Experience in an administrative support role;
- Experience with commercial lease accounts is an asset;
- Experience managing projects from the ideas stage through to proposal development, implementation and management;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English essential);
- An intuitive talent for detail and accuracy;
- Positive and professional attitude, with a demonstrated ability to be resourceful, identify improvement projects, and contribute in a team environment;
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivation and good time management skills;
- Excellent telephone manner;
- Strong work ethic and a willingness to learn.