Bananatag is a rapidly growing software company with offices in Vancouver (Downtown) and Kelowna. We solve communication problems for some of the biggest companies in the world and we're changing the way big things (vision and purpose) and small things (news and updates) are communicated within an organization. To get a better idea of what it is we do, check us out at http://www.bananatag.com.
WHO WE ARE
Bananatag builds enterprise products that help facilitate employee communication and promote engagement in organizations large and small. Our flagship product is our suite of tools aimed at helping build, distribute and measure communications. A strong belief in our mission and dedication to quality has let us stand out from our competitors. Our customers include some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- A healthy, supportive environment for lifelong learning. Budget for extracurricular learning like going to conferences or taking paid classes as well as weekly learning / sharing sessions.
- Authority, accountability and autonomy to succeed at your own pace. Not everyone is a rocket ship, and not everyone needs to be a rocket ship. Sometimes a rock solid launch pad is just as important.
- An engineering team that embraces pair programming, knowledge sharing and wearing different hats. There are no lordships and fiefdoms here.
- A safe work environment where everyone can feel comfortable being the best version of themselves. Our teams are made of a diverse group of people, and we're always looking to increase that diversity!
- Leaders that act as thought partners that work with you through problems rather than a micromanager that bring you through problems.
- A team that embraces change from large processes and methodologies to technologies and infrastructure.
- A financially solid organization with a strong vision and clear opportunities for both company and your career growth.
- Competitive salaries, with regular salary reviews, plus stock options
- Great benefits: comprehensive extended benefits package (health, dental, and vision), great vacation, and flexible remote work policy
- A transit friendly, convenient Downtown location
We are looking for a tech-savvy, critical and highly motivated person who is ready to start a challenging and rewarding career. As a Senior Software Developer you will be taking on core technical challenges on a dedicated team.
Skills to pay the bills:
- Minimum of 7 years of development experience
- Advocate for code quality through constructive criticisms of other developers' code and testing process.
- Experience with tackling projects that are very large in scope from planning through to testing and production deployment.
- Ability to balance leadership and working with the nitty gritty to get things done.
- Experience with Agile/Lean Software Development practices
- Cloud services experience (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Extensive experience to building and maintaining large scale enterprise applications.
- Fundamental understanding of database design (for both NoSQL and SQL)
- The ability to take ideas from design prototypes to performant, production-ready code.
Bonus points for:
- Being able to mentor Juniors and help them grow into experienced developers
- Experience with coaching, mentoring and teaching on a high level
- Computer Science degree or equivalent