Bananatag is a rapidly growing software company with offices in Vancouver (Gastown) and Kelowna. We solve communication problems for some of the biggest companies in the world and we're changing the way big things (vision and purpose) and small things (news and updates) are communicated within an organization.To get a better idea of what it is we do, check us out at http://www.bananatag.com.
WHO WE ARE
Bananatag builds enterprise products that help facilitate employee communication and promote engagement in organizations large and small. Our flagship product is our suite of tools aimed at helping build, distribute and measure communications. A strong belief in our mission and dedication to quality has let us stand out from our competitors. Our customers include some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- A healthy, supportive environment for lifelong learning. Budget for extracurricular learning like going to conferences or taking paid classes as well as weekly learning / sharing sessions.
- Authority, accountability and autonomy to succeed at your own pace. Not everyone is a rocket ship, and not everyone needs to be a rocket ship. Sometimes a rock solid launch pad is just as important.
- An engineering team that embraces pair programming, knowledge sharing and wearing different hats. There are no lordships and fiefdoms here.
- A safe work environment where everyone can feel comfortable being the best version of themselves. Our teams are made of a diverse group of people, and we're always looking to increase that diversity!
- Leaders that act as thought partners that work with you through problems rather than a micromanager that bring you through problems.
- A team that embraces change from large processes and methodologies to technologies and infrastructure.
- A financially solid organization with a strong vision and clear opportunities for both company and your career growth.
- Competitive salaries, with regular salary reviews, plus stock options
- Great benefits: comprehensive extended benefits package (health, dental, and vision), great vacation, and flexible remote work policy
- A transit friendly, convenient Gastown location
We are looking for a tech-savvy, critical and highly motivated person who is ready to begin a challenging and rewarding career. As a Devops Engineer you will be configuring and adjusting AWS resources for application scalability and usage while continuously improving on the automation deployment infrastructure. You must have a strong background in Linux OS and networking with experience with AWS virtual networking and subnetting.
Skills to pay the bills:
- Configure and adjust AWS resources for application scalability and usage
- Continuously improve upon the automation of deploying infrastructure
- support product team with in the process of plan, deploy and maintain critical business applications
- Collaborate with our QA team on the creation of automation and continuous integration tooling
- maintain and update docker baseline OS images with dependencies
- Automate the provisioning of environments: using docker, Fargate
- monitor and debug issues with Cloudwatch
- Audit resources utilization with CloudTrail
- Identify reoccurring issues and work with product team to remediate using respective change management process
- Maintain infrastructure security and investigate potential threats
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a software engineer, devops engineer, or site reliability engineer
- 2+ years of experience with AWS IAAS (preferably AWS Certified)
- Strong background in Linux OS and networking
- Knowledgeable of cloud infrastructure and application security
- Experienced with AWS virtual networking and subnetting
- Capable of using a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud based services
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude
Bonus points for:
Software Development Experince