Since the beginning, we’ve been inspired by everything women and girls are capable of, whether they’re serious athletes or just getting into fitness. We create versatile premium performance apparel designed for a life in motion. Challenge fuels us and we are always reaching for the amazing.
We’re looking for people who find inspiration in the same things we do: the limitless potential of women and girls everywhere. If you share our passion for a healthy, active lifestyle, personal growth, innovative product and creating rewarding experiences – join our community. Athleta is a certified B Corp – put simply we put people and planet right up there with profit and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
Alone we are strong, united we thrive. Together, we create the Power of She.
Athleta’s Finance Staff Analyst will be responsible for managing the brand’s Marketing budget – Athleta’s largest annual expense. This position will provide exposure across the Finance and Marketing organizations and will play a critical part in ensuring Gap Inc.’s fastest growing brand continues to acquire new customers and gain market share. This position reports to the Director of FP&A/Control and will interact with Athleta’s Marketing Leadership team.
Establish strong relationships with business partners from the Finance, Marketing, Marketing Effectiveness, Customer Analytics, and Circulation Strategy teams
Provide a strong financial point of view to actively help identify key opportunities for expense tracking and management
Develop monthly financial forecasts for Marketing expenses that accurately track and hindsight results
Manage monthly/quarterly financial close process for Marketing expenses including preparing journal entries for key expense and balance sheet items
Assist in the development of annual budgets and long range plans for Marketing expenditures that are aligned with Athleta’s business strategies
Provide ad hoc analytical support to inform and influence decision making
Self-starter that anticipates problems, identifies opportunities, and provides creative solutions
- Ability to work within a lean team in a fast-paced environment that requires a strong work ethic, sense of urgency, flexibility, and commitment to deliver on deadlines
Ability and willingness to learn new systems
Analytical and structured thinker with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to clearly articulate finance concepts to non-finance business partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills – Essbase a plus
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, or related fields
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- A basic understanding of accounting concepts such as accruals and prepaid expense
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and prioritize as needed
- Executive presence, a positive attitude, and a passion for Athleta’s mission
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.