As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
The Senior Visual Manager (SVM) actively supports the regional team as a resource for visual merchandising. The SVM is responsible for the development of DM’s in merchandise presentation applications. In partnership with RD and DM’s the SVM ensures all merchandise presentation initiatives are implemented within region and align with company expectations. Reporting to the Senior Director of Field Visual, the SVM acts as a link between the regional team and HQ teams ensuring product and regional differences are understood and leveraged.
Partner with Regional Director on business growth opportunities to develop regional strategies
In partnership with the District Managers (DM’s) identifies district business opportunities and develops visual solutions based on business acumen
Partner with DM’s on all remodels and new store openings within region
Accountable for the execution of growth initiatives within the region
Manage regional Field Visual budget to ensure effective use of resources in region
Reinforce how company goals and objectives at the Region and District level relate to merchandise presentation
Communicate the Seasonal Brand Priorities within the region
Provide clarification & adaptation direction to RD/DM regarding presentation and product initiatives
Build constructive and effective relationships and partnerships throughout the Region and HQ teams to align support of merchandise presentation and brand initiatives
Deliver in season and seasonal hindsight relating to product, presentation and competition
Accountable for flow and creative decisions for high profile stores within region in partnership with DM
Ensure RD has been consulted on all major flow and creative decisions
Acts as a resource for trouble shooting product adaptations, windows, in season management challenges, and creative throughout the region
Actively engage in weekly conference calls with Field & Field Visual Leadership teams
Uphold consistent messaging of brand initiatives within region
Collect feedback and offer recommendations regarding store presentation and marketing initiatives
- Minimum three years multi-store visual management
- Ability to understand and adapt visual presentation direction
- Strong merchandising skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in motivating upwards
- Proven ability to develop others
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize
- Competition and industry aware
- Strong influencing, problem analysis and decision making skills
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Virtual Communication
- Travel required
KEY BENEFITS :
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet.
- Company paid vacation, sick days, float and bereavement days *
- Maternity leave top up. *
- Employee retirement savings plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Employees eligible to receive health, dental, disability and life insurance. *
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Employee family assistance program.
The Canada benefits listed above do not constitute fundamental terms of the employment contract, and are subject to employee eligibility and employer discretion. The company reserves the right to amend or eliminate these benefits from time to time at its sole discretion.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.