Banana Republic was born from two California creatives fueled by their explorer spirits. Curious, connected and out in the world, our clothing is designed for a life in motion. We travel near and far searching for the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance — because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities for a life with no boundaries!
We are seeking stylists with that same creative spirit!
Stylists who love to give their clients confidence by meeting their styling needs by creating complete, compelling looks from head to toe to match clients' style and offering personalized styling tips.
- Retail Stylist responsibilities include providing one-on-one customer service, recommending fashionable items and creating complete looks that excite our customers.
- If you have a flair for fashion and know how to style outfits to flatter all body types, we'd like to meet you.
- Ultimately, you will help us elevate our store experience among existing customers and further grow our clientele.
- Identify clients' needs and help them find clothing items that fit their body type
- Create complete looks from head to toe to match clients' style
- Offer personalized styling tips
- Pick and recommend shoes and accessories that complement clients' outfits
- Inform customers about fashion trends
- Provide product details, including fabrics, wash care instructions, prices and promotions
- Suggest alternative outfits and colors to create unique looks
- Ensure proper product presentation and stock replenishment
- Remember loyal customers' names, sizes and preferences
- Build and maintain clientele relationships
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- College degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Minimum 2-years experience with fashion styling and/or visual fashion retail experience
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and employees
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stock room, works with and around cleaning chemicals, and lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including travel) to meet the needs of the business, including evenings, overnight and weekend shifts Proven work experience as a Retail Stylist or similar role in the fashion industry
- Excellent customer service skills
- Up-to-date with all fashion trends in outfits, shoes, accessories and makeup
- Additional experience/certification in Fashion or Merchandising is a plus
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)