AxiCom U.S. is looking for exceptional Assistant Account Executives to join a fantastic team dedicated to a global technology company. The ideal candidate should be energetic and collaborative, able to manage multiple projects with ease, and enjoy coming to the table with new and creative ideas. He/she must have experience in public relations/technology, a passion for storytelling and media relations, and an understanding of the everyday interplay between public relations, influencer relations and social media.
This person will be client-facing and an integral part of a large, multi-faceted account team. He/she will manage day-to-day aspects of an account relationship to ensure flawless execution and be proficient in executing programs from beginning to end. This person will also be a collaborative colleague with global peers across public relations, analyst relations, employee communications, influencer relations and social media, as well as a tight-knit agency network across advertising, digital, media and more.
- Be accountable for the flawless execution of day-to-day activity and execution of strategic communications programs.
- Provide effective, valuable counsel to clients. Proactively offer and implement new ways of achieving client goals.
- Demonstrate expertise in working with the news media, developing relationships, staying ahead of trends, and securing story opportunities.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the digital media landscape, and develop and maintain digital media relationships.
- Assist with the successful and timely completion of a wide range of media outreach activities including press conferences, media tours, trade show visibility, events, roundtables and more. Be able to meet, exceed and measure results effectively.
- Bring fresh, creative thinking to the account.
- Cultivate and maintain solid relationships with third party organizations, external spokespeople and key PR vendors.
- Display excellent writing skills for all types of correspondence.
- Write, edit and review first drafts of all press releases, fact sheets, Q&A's, pitch letters, bios, activity reports, internal and external memos, media results reports or summaries and client recommendations.
- Clearly and articulately express yourself and demonstrate ease presenting to a group.
- Support a team-oriented environment and learn how to manage up, keeping senior management up-to-date on daily client activities and serve as a general resource to your immediate supervisor.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of how a client service business works.
- 1-3 years PR agency or in-house PR experience. Technology industry clients or company preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced understanding of media landscape and proven relationships with business and technology media.
- Familiarity with new media and the digital landscape.
- Strong strategic-thinking skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Collaborative team player.
Job Type: Full-time
- Public Relations: 1 year (Preferred)