Global Financial Firm located in Mississauga, ON has an immediate contract opportunity for an experienced Developer
Technology group supports initiatives all around the world by providing technology development, support and delivery capabilities for Capital Markets. ICG Technology's mission is to deliver consistently superior products and cost effective services. We are currently recruiting for a Senior Developer Programmer Analyst to be located at our 5900 Hurontario, Mississauga, Canada location. Candidate will be part of OTC Derivatives Technology team for strategic web-based solutions which includes Client Valuations Direct (CVD), Margin Dispute Management System (MDMS) and Oasys Trade Processor (OTP).
Client Valuations Direct is a global platform for delivering valuation statements for OTC Derivatives and Cash products across different asset classes to external clients which includes real-time messaging, feeds loading, document generation in different formats, files delivery using different protocols, storage/management, workflow solution for tracking clients' audit requests for historical data, and has about 4000 external clients globally. Margin Dispute Management System is for identifying and resolving disputes with counterparties through matching and reconciling trades' economics for Client versus counterparties' data. Confirmations Management System for RPC is for document generation, Swift messages generation, template management, inbound and outbound dispatch, and is being used by multiple Regional Processing Centers.
Candidate will need to undertake projects for development, implementation and subsequent BAU & Production support.
Job Background/Context and Key Responsibilities:
The Key responsibilities would include but not limited to:
Analyze requirements from the business users on projects ranging from major implementations to minor enhancements across business areas, define the technical designs, work on development, and perform testing & UAT/Production/User support. This involves following the complete SDLC life cycle including all the technical documentation, analysis, design, development, testing and UAT/Production support.
UAT & Production Support:
Support the application/business and the processes in UAT and Production environments.
Code Base maintenance/synch ups etc.
Communicate & coordinate with offshore/onsite teams to ensure the requirements/designs are clarified and the projects are delivered.
Qualifications and Skills:
1) Should have minimum 5-6 years of application development and maintenance experience preferably with some experience in financial sector and at least a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
2) Should have Extensive experience in software development life cycle for J2EE applications following industry accepted methodologies and best practices, multiple frameworks across various technologies & platforms, messaging protocols such as JMS, Tibco, etc.
3) Experience in a high volume transaction processing production environment including solving non-trivial performance-related problems.
4) Database fundamentals including modelling/normalization
5) Knowledge of human factors and usability engineering in web-based applications.
6) Experience with Oracle including PL/SQL and query optimization.
7) Able to multi-task and work under pressure.
8) Experience or knowledge of Capital markets industry and products would be an added advantage.
9) Should possess good written and oral communication skills
Development Tools / Languages:
Java, J2EE, JMS, XML, JSON, XSD, SAX, DOM, Shell Scripting, SQL, AJAX, Java Script, CSS, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Servlets, Eclipse.
Knowledge and/or experience in GWT, PL/SQL, JQuery will be an added asset.
Weblogic or Websphere
Source Code Control:
Justification for Hire:
Client Valuations Direct (CVD) is Client's strategic global platform for valuations reporting. Candidate will fill in for Imran in development projects to address technical mandatory requirements (such as Spring framework upgrade), migration projects (such as for Repos from FAS to GPP) and business discretionary enhancements.
Benefit Compliance with tech mandates, support migration projects for source systems, address Clients' needs for enhancements, and reduce operational Risk for EOL/EOVs Hardware and Software tech stack