How would you like to work with one of Canada's most prestigious and well respected automotive groups? Join Auto World Imports Network!
Headquartered in Thornhill Ontario, we are a premier network of 16 luxury automobile dealerships as well as 3 state of the art collision centres in the Greater Toronto Area.
Our company values its customers and employees and is invested in principles for success. We value doing business with integrity and adhere to the highest ethical standards.
Due to our continued growth, our Honda Downtown is looking for a Shuttle Driver to join our amazing team!
As a Shuttle Driver you will hone your customer service and driving skills.
This position is a great way to get into the Automotive industry.
- We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits!
- Excellent Group Benefits package.
- Group RRSP Contribution program.
- Work/life balance.
- Training and support programs.
- Boot and tool allowance.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Corporate support.
- Mentorship and development.
- Unlimited careers opportunities within our automotive group.
The Shuttle Driver will transport passengers as a customer service element provided by the dealership. S/he is responsible for picking-up or dropping off customers to and from the location of their choice within the dealerships shuttle boundaries. The Shuttle Driver will have to work in response to an in-person or a radio/telephone relayed request by the dealership. S/he is responsible for recording all pickups and drop offs on the company log, record daily mileage, ensure the company vehicle is in good working condition, provide friendly service and apply defensive driving techniques to uphold the safety of all passengers.
- Drive customers to various destinations while their vehicles are being repaired.
- Keep a log of the trips, which include the names of the customers, their destinations, and where they were picked up.
- Operate all company equipment needed to communicate with company dispatchers such as radio, mobile phone or computer in order to receive information and updates.
- Contact the dealership in the event of an interruption in the service.
- Notify the department manager when the shuttle needs servicing.
- Assist customers with entering and exiting the vehicle when necessary.
- Test shuttle before and after shift to ensure lights, brakes, windshield wipers, and tire pressure are in proper working condition.
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with the Company's Vision, Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers and co-workers.
- Perform other tasks, based on management requirements and instructions.
- Adhere to the regulations outlined in Ontario’s Highway Traffic Act.
- Keep apprised of all applicable federal, provincial and local laws which govern operating a vehicle
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s Licence
- Clear Driver’s Abstract
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management
- Professional appearance
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Good judgement
- Ability to work efficiently in a high-pressure environment
- Passion, motivation, focus and leadership skills.
- Results focused approach.
- Team player.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and mediate effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Honest, courteous and able to demonstrate strong work ethics.
- Driven and ability to work with minimum supervision.
APPLY FOR A REWARDING CAREER TODAY!
We thank all applicants for their response; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
AWIN is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email)