Avocette Technologies is currently working with our client and is searching for a Database Administrator / Data Warehouse Specialist. This is an exciting 3 month contract opportunity to work in the New Westminster area with a possible contract extension.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Database Administration, duties of the successful candidate include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the Configuration and Installation of Oracle Standby Databases in an ODA environment, Test and go live in production
- Knowledge Transfer and Documentation of Oracle ODA+DR Best Practices including detailed walk-through of the ODA + Standby DB install and configuration
- Help identify Query Performance issues and recommend solutions and best practices for the EDW/BI SSIS processes
- Help with migration of databases like SQL Server, SharePoint, FoxPro and others as needed
- Help improve/speed up regular data load process for our Research and Analysis Team which requires over 2 TB data to be processed during each iteration
- Creating Performance Baselines for our major OLTP databases
- Make improvements/additions to the TL DBA Self Service Tool and DBA Portal
- Create Oracle Standby DBs for DR
- Assist in Migration/Upgrade of various databases - Oracle, MSSQL & Others
- Create Performance Baselines which will allow us to quantify any future performance metrics by comparison
- Create/Improve data load processes for Research & Analysis Team
- Documentation of all above deliverables and recommended /Industry best practices
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience as Oracle DBA (11g, 12c) and SQL Server DBA (2012,2014,2016) on Windows platform
- Experience in setting up Oracle Standby Databases on Oracle Data Appliance X7.2
- Experience with MS SQL Query Performance tuning, Instance tuning
- Experience with SQL Partitioning, Always-On Group/Failover Cluster, SSIS, SSAS and SQL Agent Jobs Knowledge of PowerShell/WMI scripting and familiarity with .Net is an asset
- Ability to work to tight deadlines/Service Level Agreements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated initiative, flexibility and ability to meet task/assignment deadlines
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, supervisors, subject matter experts and end users
- Ability to work collaboratively, professionally and effectively with the project team, the business stakeholders, and the end users
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
If you feel that you meet all of the above requirements, please apply to this posting directly in the strictest of confidence or apply on our website at www.avocette.com. Please note that, due to overwhelming response, only short listed candidates will be contacted. As part of Avocette's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, and criminal offence.
Relocation assistance WILL NOT be offered to those applying from outside of British Columbia.
About Avocette Technologies Inc.:
Since 1977, Avocette Technologies Inc., formerly TP Systems has earned our clients' trust by helping them improve performance through innovative and cost-effective software, outsourcing, and IT staffing solutions. We work with a wide range of clients including government, community services agencies, healthcare providers, and professional services organizations. This experience, combined with our comprehensive capabilities enables Avocette to be responsive to diverse client needs. Large enough to get the job done right, yet small enough to be responsive, Avocette is valued by clients for our ability to consistently deliver outstanding results. Visit www.avocette.com for other exciting career opportunities.
Job Type: Contract