Aviya Aerospace Systems is a leader in engineering services and solutions for mission critical Aerospace and Defense applications. Aviya provides expertise in program management, systems, software, mechanical, and hardware engineering to many of the top-tier Aerospace and Defense Contractors. Aviya has an opening for an Engine Performance Analyst/ Data Scientist to join our engineering group in Mississauga, Ontario.
The Engine Diagnostics, Prognostics and Health Management team (DPHM) is dedicated to providing end to end solutions to improve aircraft reliability while reducing operating costs. Today’s flight monitoring systems are designed to automatically record critical flight parameters and provide visibility to events or exceedances. This helps the operator to make informed decisions about preventive maintenance, thereby reducing unscheduled maintenance, lowering operating costs, and increasing aircraft availability. DPHM’s advanced diagnostic solutions provides true value-added benefits that enable the operator to determine the best time to undertake maintenance on the engine and airframe. This can minimize costs by allowing for component repair instead of replacement and maximize engine time on wing.
Specific Position Duties
- Support development and validation of highly automated engine oil system diagnostic, prognostic and health trend monitoring systems for various aircraft engine types including Turboprop, Turboshaft and Turbofan applications
- Support development and implementation of advanced engine oil system trend monitoring algorithms for all Client engine types and models
- Perform detailed analysis of engine oil sample lab results and develop advanced customer reports and operational metrics
- Support development of SQL data tables for automatic collection of oil analysis records and integrate service solutions with customer web portal
- Investigate system level issues related to aircraft gas turbine engine design, performance and operation
- Investigate system level issues related to aircraft gas turbine engine design, performance, operability and operation.
- Develop and implement scripts, algorithms, machine learning, data clustering and fault classification techniques within a relational database structure to manage, aggregate and search data in support of advanced engine oil system diagnostics and prognostics
- Develop and validate engine and aircraft operational data cleansing scripts and filtering techniques to ensure accurate oil system trend service delivery
- Support implementation of dashboards and BI solutions for internal and external customer reporting
Note: **Candidate must have the ability to travel to Montreal 1-2 days per week for initial training, then as required**
- Bachelor or Master degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years of engineering experience required in the field of aviation
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mathematics or Computer Science with 2 years of experience will also be considered
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Background or demonstrated expertise in Air/Oil Systems Engineering and Aircraft engine design analysis
- Strong computer programming skills using Python, R, VB and C#
- Experience in .NET web development using the MVC framework within the Visual Studio
- Familiar with data visualization techniques using Matplotlib, HighCharts and/or PowerBI
- Extensive experience with MS Office applications
- Experience with MS SQL server 2012 and utilizing SSIS and SSAS to analyze large relational databases
- Experience with application of statistical based tools in MATLAB and/or R Studio
- Familiar with data mining and machine learning algorithms in toolkits such as scikitlearn and TensorFlow
- Familiar with big data analytics and BI solutions on Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure platforms
- Proficient at handling several analytical tasks concurrently
- Experience with iOS and Android mobile application development and deployment
- Understanding of aircraft engine data acquisition and current sensor technology
If you feel these qualifications describe you, then please forward your resume to email@example.com. When responding to this posting, please respond with the job code 11052018-1 in the subject line.
For further information, please see our website at www.aviyatech.com