Aviso Wealth is a national, integrated financial services company owned by the Credit Union Centrals, CUMIS and Desjardins. Our investment and insurance dealers support thousands of financial advisors and their clients at hundreds of credit unions across Canada. Our award-winning online brokerage, Qtrade Investor, and our automated investing platform, VirtualWealth, give Canadians flexible choices for building their wealth. Our asset manager, NEI Investments, is a Canadian leader in Responsible Investment funds and portfolios, which are available through a national network of advisors.
Aviso also provides custodial services and introducing broker services to independent financial organizations, including banks, trust companies, insurance companies, investment dealers, portfolio managers and financial planning firms. Aviso has major operations in Vancouver and Toronto, along with regional offices across Canada.
A career with Aviso means being part of a group of talented, energetic professionals who live their values every day, and belonging to an organization dedicated to your success and career development. If you re looking for interesting and challenging work, at a company committed to its people, apply to join our team.
The Database Administrator will primarily be responsible assisting with systems integration, develop SQL queries and table replications, defines standards and be responsible for data base analysis and maintenance as well as assist in developing interfaces between systems and produce related systems and procedural/data flow documentation. The incumbent will be working as a part of the team to understand needs and requirements, leading to the preparation of various deliverables related to enterprise level service delivery, management reporting, decision support and business intelligence.
- Provide DBA support to development/implementation teams doing installs, database loading, conversions and testing as required
- Troubleshoot SQL database and server incidents, apply patches, assist in resolution of application data base issues, provide technical support as necessary
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems and software; optimize and performance-tune these applications as necessary
- Manage daily database, data warehouse and BI system activities including problem logs, maintenance and change requests, and performance of routine maintenance including rebuilds, re-indexing, expansion and archiving
- Assist data solution and decision support teams with service requests for extracts, reports and data feeds
- Work with IT teams to develop database architecture, coding standards, master data management, QA standards as well as service standards
- Analyze the structure of existing databases, sub-systems, dictionaries, systems interfaces and linkages and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with architects and solution developers to build frameworks and solutions to support our data management initiatives
- Document database design through data modeling, review designs to ensure tuned and optimized data environments
- Assist with streamlining reporting to optimize efficiency and ensure data consistency across reports and reporting applications
- 5 years experience in an IT role such as systems analyst, technical support or database administrator
- College diploma or university degree in computer science, business, finance, information technology or equivalent combination of experience
- MCTS DBA or MCITP DBA certification is desired
- Financial services or related industry experience
- Advanced level experience with SQL product suites
- Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling
- Direct, hands-on experience with data analytics tools SQL Analysis Services, SQL SSIS and SSRS, OLAP Cubes, Visual Studio
- Experience necessary in understanding of reconciliations and audits in ETL process to ensure accuracy of processes
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques
- Good understanding of project management and software development life cycles
- Strong organizational, delegation and administrative skills required
- Well-developed people skills with ability to present ideas in a user friendly manner and language
Aviso Wealth welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs in all stages of the hiring process.
For more company information, please refer to our website at www.aviso.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters or agencies, please.