As a junior software test engineer, you will support software development and integration testing for
projects. To be successful, you must have a blend of technical, and analytical skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Lead and support the creation and execution of test scenarios customized to the manufacturing application and client use cases
- Create testing strategies based on requirements and design documentation
- Implement software Verification and Validation based on industry standards
- Identify areas where test automation can be implemented
- Design test automation framework that improve test cycles
- Assist junior software test engineer in test and test automation efforts
- Develop new test metrics or improve on existing test processes
- Suggest improvements in planning, designing, estimating for all test activities
- Assess third party tools for possible utilization in testing activities
- Implement best practices for functional, acceptance, integration, regression, system and performance testing
Innovative, highly technical professional with strong analytical and testing skills and a desire to deliver quality
solutions that bring tangible value to customers. Specific requirements include:
- University degree in Computer Science or Engineering with a substantial computer science component , or Diploma with focus on Software development testing or QA and testing skills
- Testing certifications an asset (CAST, CSTE, ISTQB etc.)
- Past experience in manufacturing an asset
- 2+ years’ experience in full life cycle software development inclusive of:
- Experience developing, configuring, integrating and/ or enhancing systems
- Experience using Microsoft tools, including C#, VB.NET and SQL Server is preferred
- 3+ years’ experience working with test methodologies and best practices
- 2+ years’ experience implementing software testing principles
- 2+ years’ experience in verification and validation strategies in an agile environment
- 2+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance
- Knowledge and experience with third party test automation tools (Selenium, TestComplete, Ranorex, Cucumber etc.)
- Demonstrated ability utilizing analytical and problem-solving skills in testing or QA capacity
- Positive attitude with excellent teamwork and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to travel throughout the USA and potentially Europe
- Do It. We display a can-do attitude in good times and bad. We step up to handle tough challenges and push ourselves and others to achieve results.
- Do It Well. We ask the right questions; we balance the needs of different stakeholders; we evaluate our options; and we personally stand behind the quality of our work.
- Do It For The Customer. We are technology leaders serving our customers. We are driven to understand our customers’ needs and develop insights, leading to solutions that benefit our customers.
- Do It For Each Other. We value our teammates, their interests, and their concerns. We work cooperatively to achieve our shared objectives.
- Do It With Respect and Integrity. We speak plainly and truthfully. We work hard to gain the trust and confidence of others. We honor our commitments and keep confidences