Our client is looking for a talented and entrepreneurial senior software engineer who is a natural leader with strong work ethics to join the startup.
Senior Software Engineer – will research, architect, design and develop next generation augmented reality / virtual reality software tools and experiences.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in C#, C++, computer graphics programming, game development and AR / VR headset integrations. He / She will have solid software design and architectural skills and will have successfully driven projects to completion independently and within a team. We are looking for candidates who will actively look for and solve interesting challenges.
Skills, Accomplishments, and Abilities (required)
- Responsibilities will be carried out on a broad range of different projects including:
- Software development kits to be used by external developers
- Foveated rendering, distortion correction, and other real-time rendering systems
- Games and demos
- Plugins for game engines and other software tools
- Cutting edge research and development
- Lead projects from conception to release
- Architect and develop applications and software libraries
- Enforce proper software testing and documentation practices
- Aid in setup, maintenance, and use of project build tools and version control systems
- Mentor other members and encourage best practices in the team
- Work closely with others in both collaborative development and support roles
- Collaborate with different stakeholders to help ensure product success
- Travel as needed to support customers, development, and research
- Bachelors, master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field.
- +5 years professional software engineering and game development experience.
- Strong proficiency in game development using game engines such as Unity3D, Unreal Engine
- Excellent 3D mathematics and algorithmic skills (linear algebra, matrix / vector math, trigonometry, and other complex mathematics)
- Experience with real-time advanced image synthesis such as rendering, sampling, ray tracing, shading and level of detail.
- Technical expertise in hardware integration of virtual reality, augmented reality equipment including eye and head tracking solutions, head mounted displays, heads up displays, multi projection screens, and synchronization of external equipment.
- Solid technical foundation in computer memory model (disk, memory, caches), CPU and GPU architectures, networking, numeric libraries, modular software designs.
- Solid knowledge of modern graphics pipelines, software & GPU hardware architectures
- Strong proficiency in C/C++, C# programming including real-time programming and multi-threading.
- Strong knowledge of graphics APIs such as OpenGL, Vulcan, or DirectX
- Experience in authoring shaders using shader languages such as HLSL, GLSL, or Cg
- Experience with CPU / GPU optimization.
- Experience with version control systems, and working on codebases individually and with multiple contributors
- Keen interest in solving a variety of problems related to sensors, systems integration and software development
- Enthusiastic about early startups, entrepreneurial; comfortable with uncertainty and changes.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills