As Avenue's first Board Manager you will have the opportunity to join us at an exciting time and directly impact our planned high growth. To fuel our high-paced growth through North America and to serve more REALTORS we need to acquire, build & maintain real estate board data feeds that power our core products. Real estate boards govern a particular geography; licensing local REALTORS, overseeing rules and regulations and providing the local real estate data feed. This role is focused on facilitating access to those data feeds for our clients, being the go-to communicator with boards, training Avenue team members and ensuring that we and our clients remain always compliant with the board's rules and regulations..
Your background is in project management or operations, you love diving into detail, solving problems and finding the most efficient and effective way to achieve a goal. You're a natural communicator, able to work with different groups, both inside and outside the business. You're comfortable, and excited by, working in an environment with many competing demands, but your organisation and time management skills allow you to focus your time on the most important priorities.
What You'll Do
* You'll become the internal subject matter expert for all things board related, fielding questions from team members and advising functions of the business on the differences between markets.
* You'll be the project manager, coordinated entry into new boards, working with marketing, sales, operations and engineering. When a new board is ready to go, you'll own training our internal teams.
* Working closely with marketing, you'll use your expert knowledge, to assist in selecting new boards.
* You will own the data agreement process ensuring we have compliant access for Avenue and all our clients with every board.
* You'll be the main point of contact for real estate boards, ensuring effective communication between our teams and the board's themselves.
* Create, own & update board regulations and rules knowledge base for internal teams.
* You have a background in project management or operations, where you've spent time developing processes, coordinating stakeholders and executing to tight deadlines.
* You have previous experience, or are very interested, in the world of high-growth startups. You see the opportunities and challenges that arise from having to wear many hats and move quickly with imperfect information.
* Naturally detail oriented, you're able to quickly sift through regulations and contracts, picking out the differences and understanding their impact.
* You love finding the most efficient way to solve problems and once you have, you're able to translate it into a simple repeatable process.
* You're comfortable talking to different groups (clients, board employees, team members of all departments), you're able to adjust your style for each group & explain complex situations simply.
* The prospect of working with and touching all areas of the business excites you. You love jumping in and spending time with engineering and then quickly switching and spending time with sales.
* You're comfortable living in a world of uncertainty, where there is always room for improvement, however, this is what drives you to continuously improve, taking on challenges and looking for ways to learn and develop.
Benefits and Perks
* Awesome benefits delivered through League.com (http://league.com/) 's digital platform, giving you flexibility, choice and control. Extended coverage for both medical and dental, plus your own lifestyle (think gym, workout gear, ski pass) and health spending accounts (think massage, chiropractor, glasses etc...)
* Excellent employee stock option plan - own your work, literally!
* Achievable targets with a generous commission structure, above industry standards.
* The right tools for the job (Macbooks, sit/stand desks, 34" monitors etc)
* Downtown location - surrounded by great restaurants and easily accessible transit.
* Collaborative office environment and the best team. Lunch and learns, regular team outings, office snacks and bottomless (great) coffee.
* Opportunity. So much opportunity.
Avenue grew out of a need we saw in the real estate industry. All of the REALTORS(r) we knew put in hours of screen time each week, online, trying manage the many moving parts that made up their personal marketing. They wanted to attract new clients, but they weren't getting results.
As a team of marketers, engineers, and designers, we saw how our respective skill sets could work together to solve the problem. We could give REALTORS(r) what they'd never had before: The chance to market themselves online, and stand out--supported by the knowledge and tools only a team of experts could provide.