Mechanical Planner - Mechanical Maintenance
AV Group NB Inc. is an exciting and innovative company operating in the unique global market of viscose fibre. Located in Nackawic, New Brunswick, our pulp mill finds itself in a picturesque area of the Saint John River, a short drive between Fredericton and Woodstock, New Brunswick. As part of the Aditya Birla Group, our role is to produce specialty pulp products (dissolving grade pulp) for the group's textile industry. With operations in 36 countries, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities. In 2011, Aditya Birla was ranked fourth globally and first in the Asia-Pacific region, in the "top companies for leaders" study. It is also ranked first in the production of viscose staple fibre textiles worldwide.
AV Group NB Inc. is currently recruiting for the following position: Mechanical Planner
Reporting to the Mechanical Maintenance Superintendent, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning, a backlog of work for future scheduling by Operations Maintenance Coordinator, Maintenance Supervisors and Area Engineers, including area and major maintenance shutdown work for the mill. The planner will also ensure the proper allocation of the maintenance workforce, materials, time, tools, equipment and methods while meeting safety, environmental and cost objectives in compliance with Corporate Principles and Guidelines and applicable legislation. The incumbent will also be required to participate in the "on call" rotation along with other members of the maintenance team.
- Managing new work requested with Operations Maintenance Coordinator and Maintenance Supervisors
- Maintaining & managing a list of incomplete work (Backlog)
- Ensuring the correct materials, services and tooling are available to perform the required work
- Working within a cross-functional team
Why AV Group NB Inc.?
- Minimum of 2 years post-secondary education. Preference will be given to graduates from a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering Program or Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma
- 3 years' experience in a similar position
- Experience with planning systems
- Strong organization skills
- Leadership and communication skills
- Flexible and ability to adapt to changing priorities
With AV Group NB Inc. you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and work ethics. AV Group offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.
If you believe you are a good fit for a fast-paced, challenging work environment, please submit your application to our Human Resources Department before June 15 th 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.