AV Group NB Inc. is an exciting and innovative company operating in the unique global market of viscose fibre with locations in Atholville (New Brunswick) Nackawic (New Brunswick). As part of the Aditya Birla Group, our role is to produce specialty pulp products (dissolving grade pulp) for the group's textile industry. With operations in 36 countries, the Group is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 136,000 employees, belonging to 42 different nationalities. In 2011, Aditya Birla was ranked fourth globally and first in the Asia-Pacific region, in the "top companies for leaders" study. It is also ranked first in the production of viscose staple fibre textiles worldwide.
We are currently recruiting for the position of 1 st Class Stationary Engineer
. The successful candidate will be responsible for the safe operations and maintenance activities in the Steam and Recovery area to achieve maximum production while meeting health and safety, environment, cost and quality objectives in compliance with corporate principles and guidelines.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure that steam, power, water, air, cooking acid and other services are available to the various operating departments of the mill.
- Ensure maximum performance of the Steam and Recovery through effective use of systems, procedures and resources.
- Assist manager with department budget and explain variances with appropriate corrective action taken as required.
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities in the department.
- Ensure accident/incident investigations and follow -ups are performed.
- Coordinate major maintenance activities in conjunction with the Mechanical Supervisor.
- 1 st class Power Engineer license.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Previous pulp and paper experience considered an asset.
- Flexible and able to adjust to changing priorities.
Why AV Group NB Inc.?
With AV Group NB Inc. you will become a part of a worldwide global company that understands the value of their employees. You will be part of a team that is built on strong values and ethics. AV Group offers challenges in a wide range of disciplines and opportunities for professional growth, a competitive salary, competitive benefits package and a variety of training & development programs to help you develop the skills you need to build a successful career.