About Auxly Cannabis Group Inc.
Auxly Cannabis Group Inc. (“Auxly”) is creating a world-class platform by forming partnerships with best-in-class cultivators, product innovators and developers, researchers and marketers. We provide our partners with support in cultivation, regulatory, construction, retail, branding, and financing to help them realize their full potential. Auxly is a professional services firm that finances the industry through equity investments, streaming interests, loans, strategic investments, joint ventures, and acquisitions.
The Director, Medical Channel will be responsible for strategic leadership and oversight of the Cannabis Patient Experience aspects of Auxly’s portfolio, including patient/consumer marketing and the patient support model. In addition, the individual will be accountable for developing, commercializing and executing B2B partnership opportunities to access institutional channels and scale up distribution with medical patients.
Patient Journey Creation
- Develop an aspirational patient journey plan and map out key challenges and issues and provide solutions and strategies for addressing challenges
- Design overall strategy for engaging with patients, caregivers and consumers from both a branded and unbranded perspective
- Lead creation of messaging, creative and detailed tactics for consumer and patient engagement
- Oversee execution of patient and consumer tactics for Patient Support Model Strategy Creation and Implementation
- Direct creation of Support Model Strategy for patients, caregivers, and customers
- Direct implementation of Service Model Strategy via team leadership, cross functional leadership, resource allocation, prioritization setting, etc.
- Ensure strategy accounts for potential launch scenarios as well as future plans for support
- Direct creation and implementation of Resourcing Strategy including vendor strategy and contingency planning
- Direct creation of Operational Strategy including agent profile, metric needs, alignments with field, goal creation, etc.
- Develop key partner target lists and implement business development strategies focused on those partner targets
- In partnership with the marketing function, develop and maintain key market messages to the various targeted segments, contributing to development of marketing pieces and collateral
- Prepare, issue and negotiate confidentiality agreements, term sheets, proposals, partnering agreements and licenses to meet Auxly's business development goals
- Develop and maintain economic models in support of proposed transactions
- Manage the partnering opportunity evaluation process by leading cross functional teams with R&D/Regulatory, Finance, and IP/Legal
- Propose business strategies for selected partnering opportunities for management review.
- Manage and lead multiple, complex transactions in business development with limited supervision
- Attend partnering meetings, scientific/clinical conferences and search multiple sources for new in-licensing opportunities
- Responsible for driving, managing, and facilitating business development activities
What We’re Looking For
- 8-10 years of progressive biotech, pharma experience, inclusive of commercial, patient services, marketing, product launch experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required; an Advanced degree RPH/PharmD, MBA is preferred
- Hands-on experience managing patient marketing
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical, problem solving, strategic thinking skills and business acumen
- Self-starter and willing to roll up your sleeves; comfortable with ambiguity and a complex, quickly-evolving environment
- Experience building relevant relationships with various scientific and business teams within pharmaceutical companies
- Proven track record of presenting, negotiating and closing deals driving revenue and value creation
- Experience and general knowledge across multiple market channels to include Payer, Provider, Employer, Distribution, Patient Services, ACOs, IDNs, strongly preferred
- Understanding of benefit design, specialty pharmacy and distribution and funding economics associated with Medicare, Commercial and Medicaid Reimbursement
- Knowledge of managed care environment and reimbursement, highly preferred
- Experience in development of patient services and/or patient programming and/or provider programs
- Operations experience and/or project management experience, strongly desired
- Excellent communication skills ability to clearly and effectively communicate to a broad range of audiences
- Experience directly driving in and out licensing deals
- Self-driven, entrepreneurial personality with a drive to succeed in fast paced environment
How to apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “Director, Medical Channel Auxly” in the subject line.
Auxly Cannabis Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We provide accommodation for job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in accordance with applicable laws. Please contact us to request accommodation.