Ready for a challenge?
Auvenir is a Toronto based, fintech venture backed by Deloitte that is transforming the financial audit profession. As a Deloitte venture, Auvenir benefits from the agility of a start-up culture while leveraging the deep expertise of one of the world’s largest professional services firms. Intrigued? Read the story of Auvenir, as articulated by Deloitte’s Global Audit and Assurance Business Leader, Panos Kakoullis: https://qz.com/1123187/auditors-dilemma-disrupting-ourselves-first/. For further insight into our platform strategy, check out this link from Forrester’s Digital Transformation Forum.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Director of Product to join our growing team of professionals in a challenging work environment.
Your role at Auvenir would be to drive the product and customer experience. while keeping a great sense of humor :)
The duties involved in the Director of Product role will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the long term roadmap, involving sales, marketing, implementations, clients, prospects, partners, etc.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Obtain and grow product market share by working with marketing and sales to develop product sales strategies.
- Determine end users’ needs and desires by gathering and incorporating feedback from target users (financial/audit firms and their clients).
- Assess product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Assess market competition by comparing Auvenir’s product to competitors' products.
- Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Lead the Product Team, which is the glue between Marketing, Sales, Development, and Technology.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Attend and/or conduct iteration demos and some standups
- Write acceptance criteria.
- Lead requirements gathering effort on the epics as needed – consulting product management, implementations, clients, etc.
- Document story details based on the epics and after review with development.
- Lead backlog grooming to decompose/estimate stories.
- Create mockups, works with UX on design.
- Answer questions from developers, clarify requirements, etc.
- Document new features for implementations and release notes.
- Provide any special reports and analyses information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts; answering questions and requests.
- Support other non-technical organizations (sales, marketing, channel, etc.).
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales, Project Manager(s), Designers, and Developers to ensure standards are being met.
- Provide source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.