Autodata Solutions is looking for a Senior Database Administrator to join their London team!
As a part of the DevOps team, you will automate the ongoing workload into repeatable & consistent processes , leveraging appropriate tools, with builds being scripted as much as possible. You will own the tools and processes used to deploy the code and build a streamlined & reliable system that our Developers can use to push changes. You will promote collaboration with the Development teams while acting as a guide/mentor to ensure we are building stable and efficient database code.
- Work with Development resources in partnership to codes, tests, and implements database solutions
- Coordinate physical changes to relational and non-relational databases
- Design logical & physical databases and review description of changes to database design to understand how changes to be made affect physical database
- Establish physical database parameters, code database objects/queries and specify database identifiers to DBMS or guide others in coding best practices
- Specify user access level for each segment of one or more data items, such as insert, replace, retrieve
- Interact with Developers to effectively explore, investigate and implement requirements as they apply to database technology
- Ensure that database systems are available, secure, and that production support procedures are well documented and leverages scripting and automation technologies to improve speed of delivery (i.e. GIT, Ansible)
- 7+ years experience in MySQL, MS SQL Server, MongoDB or Cassandra
- Past expertise with performance tuning, replication and data warehousing
- Experience with data modeling tools
- Experience with developing stored procedures/queries/triggers/views etc. using various SQL scripting languages
- Previous work with Windows/Linux Operating Systems and cloud hosting providers (Azure/AWS etc)
- Working knowledge Microsoft Windows Cluster, SQL Server Cluster setup & Always On Availability Groups (AOAG)
- Superior Administrative skills including backup & recovery, security & monitoring, etc
- Ability to be on-call as part of the team rotation, a good attitude, reliable, ability to adapt quickly and effectively manage priorities
Autodata Solutions is a consulting, technology services and business process outsource company dedicated to the automotive industry. Founded in 1990, it is our mission to provide solutions that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain and help put vehicles in consumers' driveways.
Why work with us?
- Been around for 28 years & nominated numerous times as a ‘Great Place to Work’
- Over 350 technical minds here in London to grow and share knowledge with
- Free Food! Monthly catered breakfasts, holiday parties, BBQ’s and free java (aka coffee)
- Give a little, get a lot – Corporate RRSP match program
- Fun times for all – Golf tournaments, skating, ice hockey & corporate volleyball, soccer and softball teams
- Relax! - on-site massages available monthly
- Discounts? Yup. Vehicles, accessories, rentals, custom discounts for new hardware and software licenses
- Training and educational incentives for continued career growth
- Community Outreach - Toys for Tots, United Way, our corporate charity: Families in Need and other local programs
- Get Involved – Sponsor and collaborate with local tech communities: CIPS, LoJUG, Tech Alliance, etc.
For more information about Autodata, please visit our company website at www.autodata.net.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be notified. Autodata Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are compliant with AODA legislation; if you require accommodations during the recruitment & selection process, please specify.