How would you like an opportunity to work with one of Canada's most prestigious and well respected auto groups?
Join AWIN! Headquartered in Thornhill, we are a premier automotive network of 14 luxury automobile dealerships in the GTA and 3 state of the art collision centres. Our company has invested in principles for success that value customers and employees; success that is only achieved by doing business with integrity and the highest ethical standards.
We are looking for an outgoing, experienced General Sales Manager to join our team.
The General Sales Manager is responsible for managing the New and Pre-Owned Sales Departments, and may include the supervision of other Managers as well as a floor sales staff. This person is responsible for the profitability of the new and previously owned profit centres, while achieving/exceeding targeted sales volumes.
- Participate in preparing the dealership's annual sales forecasts, units to be sold, gross profit, expenses and operating profits for the new and previously used car sales departments.
- Recommend to the General Manager the number of new and previously used cars to be stocked.
- Supervise the ordering of vehicles based on the established objectives.
- Meet with the General Manager on a regular basis to review monthly forecasts, commission sheets, performance reports and the profitability of each department and each Sales Consultant.
- Create programs aimed at increasing gross profit and penetration of the financing and insurance business.
- Analyze local market conditions and recommend advertising projects, sales promotion campaigns, human resource requirements, lease promotions and remuneration plans.
- Analyze the impact and profitability of the advertising campaigns.
- Establish standards for displaying, marketing and maintaining new and previously used vehicles.
- Establish conditions to optimize stock rotation and promptly eliminate surplus vehicles.
- Analyze the various customer satisfaction reports and implement customer retention and loyalty programs.
- Supervise lease renewal activities in order to make the lease portfolio turn a profit.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Automotive industry experience.
- Minimum of 1 - 3 years of previous management experience in the automotive industry.
- Valid Ontario G Driver's License.
- Clear Driver's Abstract.
- Valid OMVIC registration.
- Strong business acumen.
- Professional appearance.
- Proficient with 180, CDK and Reynolds systems; ability to operate PC-based software.
- Ability to sell the minimum quota according to dealership objective
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent Group Benefits package.
- Group RRSP Contribution program.
- Work/life balance.
- Training and support programs.
- Boot and tool allowance.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Corporate support.
- Mentorship and development.
- Unlimited careers opportunities within our automotive group.
- Passion, motivation, focus and leadership skills.
- Results focused approach.
- Team player.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and mediate effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Honest, courteous and able to demonstrate strong work ethics.
- Driven and ability to work with minimum supervision.
The General Sales Manager works both indoors and outdoors, moving about the dealership facility and lot to communicate with Sales Consultants and customers. This person works closely with the Pre-Owned Vehicle department and the Finance & Insurance Department to transport paperwork and to discuss sales. Weekend, evening, and holiday hours will be required. May go on test drives.
APPLY FOR A REWARDING CAREER TODAY!
We thank all applicants for their response; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
AWIN is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter (or email).
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Ontario G/G2 Driver's Licence (Preferred)
- OMVIC (Preferred)