Business Development Analyst - Toronto - (AUS0002G5)
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic candidate, with financial acumen and existing mining industry knowledge, for the role of Business Development Analyst, based out of our Toronto office, to provide analytical support for business development activities, primarily focused on the Minerals & Metals industry
- Providing analytical and financial modelling support for the corporate M&A and growth initiatives of Ausenco;
- Working with the Finance and Commercial Groups, develop and implement internal reporting against key performance indicators to analyse elements of profitability and provide analytical support for driving different behaviours aimed at improved business performance;
- Pursue business improvement initiatives including best practice methodologies, analysis and recommendations for greater efficiencies and improved margins;
- Support the Manager Business Development with driving regional and cross-regional business development pursuit activities;
- Monitor and analyse, using external data and news sources, the industry business environment and its key players, to help identify, analyse and profile which projects and clients best meet Ausenco’s product offering;
- Prepare financial and market analysis to support client presentations, including company valuations, financing proposals and M&A analysis in the context of Ausenco’s product offering and value-add to our existing and new clients and their projects;
- Support, through research and analysis, the development of client and commodity strategic plans to take advantage of identified opportunities and pursue major projects with key clients; and
- Working with the Manager Business Development and other client facing Business Development executives, and in coordination with the Marketing team, prepare promotional and specific project pursuit documentation to be presented to new and existing clients;
- Strong business acumen and financial modelling skills and an ability to extract, analyse, apply and present complex data.
- 4+ years of experience in a financial services and/or engineering services environment, conducting financial reporting and/or business analysis focused on business performance.
- Experience working with financial statements and developing financial models in a M&A context.
- Knowledge of Mining or Mineral Processing is a strong asset.
- Prior experience in an Engineering Services firm is desirable.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills and proficiency in MS Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment and prioritize tasks and responsibilities accordingly.
- Business or Engineering degree (plus demonstrated interest in business and finance).
We’re a global leader in consulting, engineering, project management and operations solutions for the resources and energy sectors.
If this role sounds like you, please submit a detailed application directly to this posting. We thank you for your submission and will contact you if we need further information, or if we wish to progress to interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Ausenco will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto
Job Posting: Sep 12, 2018