Aurora Cannabis Inc. is a world-renowned integrated cannabis company with an industry-leading reputation for continuously elevating and setting the global cannabis industry standard.
Through our wholly owned subsidiaries, strategic investments, and global partnerships, Aurora provides a wide range of premium quality cannabis and hemp products and services, develops innovative technologies, promotes cannabis consumer health and wellness, and delivers an exceptional customer experience across all its brands.
Aurora's operations span multiple continents and focuses on both the medical and recreational cannabis production and sales, patient education and clinic counselling services, home hydroponic cultivation, extraction technologies and delivery systems, and hemp-based food health products.
We operate around the globe pursuing new and emerging cannabis markets where possible through our owned network of import, export and wholesale distributors, our e-commerce and mobile applications, brick and mortar retail stores, as well as grocery store retailers, and pharmacies.
PRODUCTION MANAGER - MERCHANDISE AND ACCESSORIES
Aurora Cannabis is looking for a Production Manager - Merchandise and Accessories, with a focus on leadership, internal organization and communication. Reporting to the Sr. Design Manager - Merchandise and Accessories, the successful candidate will support the design team in the full production life cycle, working closely with Internal and Retail Category Managers, Product developers and Technical Designers on developing trendsetting products that define industry standards and the Aurora vision.
- Manage full production lifecycle process; communicate and follow up with daily manufacturers, fabric mills, accessory suppliers, etc.
- Support Category Management teams to analyze target budget, costs and deliveries
- Create and manage WIP sample and production logs, reporting to Design Manager and Category Managers to navigate efficiencies, and solve problems quickly and creatively
- Set up WIP product costing and track costs through production process to finish line
- Create, manage and modify company production calendars and timelines
- Hold factories accountable to promised delivery dates while keeping the team up to date on deliveries and due dates
- Manage factory capacity and expectations ensuring production schedules are booked in advance of needs
- Mentors direct reports to ensure all production details are in line with team needs on a daily basis
- Define and set up processes in support of QA/QC adhering to Health Canada regulatory affairs
- Source and suggest new partner opportunities in support of production needs
- Work closely with procurement team to identify vendor strengths and weaknesses, ensuring optimal partnerships and engagement
- Manage replenishment programs by closely working with managers, merchandisers/buyers on meeting their needs; manage on hand inventory at factories/third party logistics partners
- Manage piece goods inventory by location and ensure team awareness about importance of raw goods and WIP inventory management / control
- Partner with cross functional teams to improve workflow and operations
- Manage workload and re-allocate/add duties & based on the business needs
- Maintain team awareness of all past production issues and problems, proactively working to avoid same mistakes from happening that result in minimizing and preventing potential chargebacks and product deficiencies
- Implement various systems to standardize production team operations to increase productivity
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with local and or overseas manufacturing processes
- Able to lead by example and display exemplary leadership qualities
- Able to collaborate and work well with others
- Extensive knowledge in product/garment feasibility and processes
- Solid understanding of sample process management
- Highly Proficient in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop or InDesign)
- Highly organized, precise and very detail oriented
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Insatiable desire to clearly articulate and communicate efficiently (verbal and written)
- Dependable problem solver with excellent execution skillset
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3-5 years production management experience in apparel or product-based industry
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Or equivalent in years of work experience)
- Ability to speak Mandarin or Cantonese an asset
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Product Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)