Aurora Cannabis Inc. is a world-renowned integrated cannabis company with an industry-leading reputation for continuously elevating and setting the global cannabis industry standard.
Through our wholly owned subsidiaries, strategic investments, and global partnerships, Aurora provides a wide range of premium quality cannabis and hemp products and services, develops innovative technologies, promotes cannabis consumer health and wellness, and delivers an exceptional customer experience across all its brands.
Aurora's operations span multiple continents and focuses on both the medical and recreational cannabis production and sales, patient education and clinic counselling services, home hydroponic cultivation, extraction technologies and delivery systems, and hemp-based food health products.
We operate around the globe pursuing new and emerging cannabis markets where possible through our owned network of import, export and wholesale distributors, our e-commerce and mobile applications, brick and mortar retail stores, as well as grocery store retailers, and pharmacies.
PRODUCT DEVELOPER, RETAIL & SPECIAL PROJECT MERCHANDISE
Aurora Cannabis is looking for a creative Product Developer, Retail & Special Project Merchandise to join our Toronto office. A forward thinking designer looking to push boundaries in the creation of retail and special project product offerings. The ideal candidate will be able to work well independently and collaboratively with our team & third party partners. Maintaining a high level of efficient communication in a fast-paced environment is imperative in achieving success in an ever-changing landscape. Reporting to Senior Design Manager - Merchandise & Accessories, you will be responsible for leading the product management and development life-cycle, in execution of innovative and trend setting products that define industry standards in the recreational retail space.
- Research trends & forecasts to ensure product offering captures the ethos of the Aurora brand, while pushing boundaries within our industry
- Prepare detailed CAD drawings and colour palettes, and lead in presentation of exciting brand specific products/collections for feedback and review
- Support retail merchandise and accessories market initiatives in development of co-branded capsule collections
- Finalize and prepare handover to technical team, ensuring clear communication of product specifications are accurately captured
- Sign off on tech packs, and support team in daily communication with on and off shore vendors alike
- Responsible for overseeing revisions, tracking, and filing all product specifications sheets (tech packs)
- Lead sample review process (inclusive of fittings, testing, functionality, composition, trims, notions and packaging materials), driving unique and innovative product results
- Support technical and production teams in Q+A of all given products to ensure goods meet regulatory guidelines, and national/international requirements (where necessary)
- Support graphic designer in development of product specific packaging assets
- Oversee all critical stages of product development life cycle, presenting creative solutions to ensure key deliverables are finalized on time and on budget
- Work cross-functionally supporting Category Managers and Sr. Design Manager in final assortment, product costing, and tracking
- Provide product life cycle post mortem on insights for future sku planning, costing efficiencies and product enhancements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Skillfully trained in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign). AutoCAD knowledge & experience an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- High creative aptitude and sensibility for merchandising
- Ability to travel to out-of-market & industry related events and conventions on occasion
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Extensive experience in prototyping design and manufacturing of product is considered a strong asset
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Above average communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative yet pragmatic thinking
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Design or Technical Design (Industrial or Apparel) or related field
- 3+ years' experience in technical or product design
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- technical or product design: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)