Aurora Cannabis Inc. is a world-renowned integrated cannabis company with an industry-leading reputation for continuously elevating and setting the global cannabis industry standard.
Through our wholly owned subsidiaries, strategic investments, and global partnerships, Aurora provides a wide range of premium quality cannabis and hemp products and services, develops innovative technologies, promotes cannabis consumer health and wellness, and delivers an exceptional customer experience across all its brands.
Aurora's operations span multiple continents and focuses on both the medical and recreational cannabis production and sales, patient education and clinic counselling services, home hydroponic cultivation, extraction technologies and delivery systems, and hemp-based food health products.
We operate around the globe pursuing new and emerging cannabis markets where possible through our owned network of import, export and wholesale distributors, our e-commerce and mobile applications, brick and mortar retail stores, as well as grocery store retailers, and pharmacies.
CATEGORY MANAGER, RETAIL SPECIAL PROJECTS & PL ACCESSORIES
Aurora Cannabis is looking for a Category Manager - Retail, Special Projects & PL Accessories, with a creative and entrepreneurial spirit. The ideal candidate should have a passion for product and design, and will be dedicated to spearheading and capturing the ethos of the Aurora brand, within the product category. Reporting to the Director, Merchandise and Accessories, the Category Manager will work closely with the Sr. Design Manager in the creation and execution of all commodities related to Aurora's retail business, as well as special projects, and the development of accessories specific to responsible consumption.
- Create and present the various category based strategies, in support of business needs and outlined budget to Sr. Design Manager and Director
- Engage all teams in the product development life cycle, from conception to delivery
- Maintains cross functional communication with internal department leads, ensuring feedback is utilized in evolving product development to best encapsulate the Aurora brand
- Research seasonal trends in order to better identify future design and product forecasts
- Lead and initiate discussion around the development of new and exciting products and ideas through visual presentation, ensuring the communication of seasonal departmental vision and retail product calendars
- Develop comprehensive SKU plans in support of mood boards, special projects, and PL accessories
- Utilize a strong knowledge base of multiple product offerings to ensure products are developed in line with overall vision, cost and quality while maintaining schedules and delivery calendars
- Communicate any issue areas with Sr. Design Manager, offering constructive resolutions in a timely manner
- Ability to take conceptual ideas and 2D design instructions and translate them into 3D prototypes, and production ready samples with support of design team
- Ability to understand and drive team to maintain budget, while making creative suggestions on development to aid in facility of cost effective solutions
- Maintain tracking processes to organize product delivery data, specification sheets, cad drawings and comments inclusive of cataloguing for easy referral
- Supervise all critical stages of product development process in order to achieve Aurora product quality and design standards with support of product developers, production and technical teams
- Support product development, technical and production teams in knowledge and understanding of specific product goals
- Oversee category specific handover process to technical and production teams and provide any assistance that is needed to ensure smooth process
- Work in conjunction with Sr. Design Manager to review and prepare all final goods for official brand presentations and sign-off
- Review samples at all stages to ensure quality and design standards are top of mind and represented in product results
- Ability to interpret and relay critical comments/suggestions to Sr. Design Manager, creating action points for the team to exercise best results
- Provide support and insight for all other Aurora product development to ensure a cohesive departmental product offering and vision is adhered
- Support retail and buying teams in-season to drive category specific sales performance, through product knowledge and creative sales tactics
- Review quarterly sell through reports to educate product and category performance for future product offerings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive experience in prototyping design and manufacturing of product and or apparel
- High creative aptitude and sensibility for merchandising
- Above average communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative yet pragmatic thinking
- Ability to travel to out-of-market & industry related events and conventions on occasion
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and attention to detail
- Mentorship and management skills a must
- Ability to creatively lead a team to turn out quality results
- Must be autonomous in approach, with strong team and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion or Product or related field is required
- 5+ years' experience in product management
- Expertly trained in AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Category Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)