The Product: FutureFit AI
Among other projects and ventures, Audacious Futures is incubating FutureFit AI, an AI-powered upskilling / reskilling solution for enterprises and governments.
We think of it as the Google Maps for the Future of Work and Learning. It powers you to "explore" the world of careers and skills, set a "destination" for where you want to go next, it "locates" where you are starting from, recommends "pathways" to get there, and "guides" you along the way with both human and technology supports.
FutureFit AI has been selected as a Top 25 finalist, Judges' Winner, and People's Choice Winner of innovations re-imagining the future of work and learning by the United States Department of Education. It is also the winner of a $1M prize in Canada.
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to lead all design elements for FutureFit AI, including logo, branding, and UX/UI elements of the website and mobile application. You may also have opportunities to contribute to design elements for other Audacious Futures ventures.
You will be joining a small team and leading design at an early stage to support us as we grow and scale.
Your tasks will revolve around the creation and design of a new platform including:
- Executing on the web application UI design tasks and creative initiatives while maintaining brand integrity through all relevant mediums and channels.
- Researching and analyzing industry UX/UI trends and competitor sites and strategies.
- Creating and revising information architecture documents and diagrams including but not limited to: content diagrams, content maps, wireframe diagrams, comprehensive diagrams and static prototypes.
- Working alongside the Product Manager and team on usability testing and assessment.
- Working with client and project teams to complete the information architecture and interface development processes for new production projects including sitemap and wireframe layout.
- Working with internal and client team to design and build user-friendly forms/ applications /interfaces based on functional specifications.
- Participating in key internal meetings including weekly status updates and planning sessions.
- Conduct and facilitate requirements, design, and implementation reviews.
- Review user adoption of deliverables and acceptance testing.
- Ensure all versions of project UX/UI documents are complete, current, and stored/ archived appropriately.
- Presenting all documentation to internal teams and clients.
Consider these our best sense of what would make you successful in the role. That said, don't let them detract you from reaching out if you believe you have the core capabilities to help us achieve our goals and can learn the rest on the fly. You'll also notice we have no degree requirements as we don't believe they are a good proxy for skills.
- UX design experience as a key, hands-on interaction/visual designer of a UI/UX team through the product development.
- Experience in Human Computer Interaction, Digital Media Design, Fine Arts or related field is desired.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and others.
- Well-rounded UX/UI professional connecting the dots between business and human needs, innovation and good design.
- Experience driving a user experience from start-to-finish that delivers results and connects emotionally.
- Strong user-centered design practices and an eye for detail.
- Experience creating and revising information architecture documents and diagrams including but not limited to: content diagrams, content maps, wireframe diagrams, comprehensive diagrams and static prototypes.
- Passionate about understanding (and keeping the team informed about) current and emerging UX/UI trends.
- Fluent in responsive design, mobile/tablet UI UX.
Location: Toronto or Boston preferred, other locations possible
ISend an email to email@example.com, indicating "Designer Opportunity" in the subject line and including:
- LinkedIn Profile (or CV)
- Portfolio (e.g. Behance)
- Optional: 2-minute video telling us why you are interested in joining our team (don't worry about the quality of the video, we just want to get to know you better!)