We’re seeking a projects engineer to work in our Engineering department. You’re a strong team player who will work with CAD technicians, sales representatives, project managers and other occupational health and safety technicians to provide engineered fall protection solutions for projects related to new construction and existing buildings across Canada.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare design calculation for engineering work within the company;
- Design and Review shop drawings with appropriate seals as required by local authority;
- Provide engineering advice to internal stakeholders and determine required corrective or preventative actions where necessary;
- Review engineering documentation for compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation and applicable standards;
- Take a lead role for company research and development of safety products;
- Oversee the QA/QC program for company products lines and working procedures;
- Provide expert technical advice and evidence at inquests, or as required, to substantiate penalty actions, prosecutions or appeal hearings.
- Supervise engineering team including several EITs.
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for a person who can:
- Establish, lead, and direct work teams;
- Capable of structural design and analysis for concrete, steel and wooden structures;
- Familiar with Canadian building codes, and associated construction material design codes;
- Conduct investigations, identify hazards, and develop solutions;
- Clearly present technical and non-technical information in written and verbal formats to explain decisions, policies, regulations, and standards to internal stakeholders;
- Use general knowledge of technical and safety standards applicable to work on construction sites
- Use Microsoft word processing (Word) and spreadsheet (Excel) software;
- Competent use of Mathcad and SAP or Staad Pro.
- Knowledge of Fall Protection applicable to new construction, heavy industry will be a strong asset.
Your experience and educational background:
- A qualified, professional engineer registered in BC, with discipline of Civil/Structural Engineering.
- A minimum of four years of experience as a P. Eng. in civil/structural engineering
- Knowledge of Fall Protection applicable to new construction, or other industries (e.g. oil and gas, mining, pulp and paper, e.t.c.).
We’re an inclusive and accessible employer, committed to employment equity objectives, and we invite applications from all qualified individuals. Please note that this position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we are only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.