Atlantic Gold Corporation is developing the 2mtpa Touquoy open pit gold mine and on-site processing plant in central Nova Scotia as part of the Moose River Consolidated Mine. We are currently seeking a qualified person for the role of Human Resources /Health & Safety Administrator. This position is based at the Touquoy mine site located approximately 1hour northeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The role of Human Resources / Health & Safety Administrator offers an excellent opportunity to join our organization and make a significant impact on our data integrity and employee service outcomes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Identify safety issues and encourage a site safe work culture with safety being top priority
- Apply all applicable regulations, codes and corporate/site standards
Health & Safety:
- Maintain the incident database and maintain an action log of open incident investigation corrective items.
- Communicate with subcontractors monthly to obtain reports for monthly statistical analysis and distribute to Health & Safety Manager for analysis
- Compile and distribute Health & Safety monthly reports as directed;
- Distribute site-wide incident bulletins when applicable.
- Attend meetings as required, takes meeting minutes and distributes in a timely manner.
- Conduct formatting transduction of required safety and program documents
- Assist with the coordination of training program logistics in conjunction with the Health and Safety Training coordinator under their direction
- Assist with Screening resumes
- Conduct initial telephone screening of applicants
- Book interview appointments for HR Manager and Hiring Managers
- Enter information into spread sheets
- Assist with onboarding new hires with respect to benefits enrolment etc
- Assist with creating reports in Excel or Power Point
- Help Maintain Employee Files
- Answer telephone enquiries, takes messages, and provides information, assistance and support to staff related to work performed
- Perform a variety of general clerical duties such as maintaining office supplies, filing and photocopying. Maintains records by entering data into a computer, updating files and checking a variety of materials for accuracy and completeness.
- Process a variety of materials, and composes routine correspondence such as minutes, memos, bulletins; maintains appropriate confidentiality.
- Create Purchase Requests and maintain records of simple financial transactions.
- All other duties as requested or assigned by the Human Resources or Health & Safety Manager
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Ability to work with diverse personalities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word)
- University or college education in Human Resources, Health and Safety, Business or equivalent
- Experience in an industrial environment is an asset
- Well organized, team player with a good work ethics
- Ability to work independently is a key skill
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Problem identification and solving capabilities
- Organization, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and meeting deadlines is required
HOW TO APPLY:
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, aboriginal peoples and members of visible minorities. Members of the Mi’ kmaq community are encouraged to self identify in your email application. There is no Fly-In-Fly-Out roster or camp for this mine. We offer relocation assistance for qualified candidates who are willing to relocate.
Interested candidates are invited to click firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your resume via email siting Human Resource / Health & Safety in the subject line:
Recruitment agencies are requested to refrain from submitting resumes to this posting. AGC will not recognize unsolicited candidates from recruitment firms.
We would like to thank all those who apply; however only those selected for an interview will be notified.