Lixar is looking for a Senior Web Developer to join our team.
As a Senior Web Developer, you will have:
- 7+ years of development with OO or functional languages
- Strong experience with one or more modern JS frameworks such as: React, Node.js, Meteor, Angular 2, Backbone
- Strong experience in writing scalable, enterprise level web applications.
- Experience in Node.js or Java server-side platforms
- Knowledge of SASS/LESS or similar CSS preprocessors
- Experience writing custom libraries and APIs that align with current RESTful standards.
- Strong experience with HTML & CSS (including Bootstrap) and current best practices
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to manage time and priorities effectively
- Ability to apply initiative and creativity when approaching challenges
- Ability to derive problem space requirements and drive towards design
- Post-secondary education in engineering or computer science or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with managed services of the AWS ecosystem
The following would be considered an asset:
- Experience with packaging and build tools such as: Gulp/Grunt, WebPack, Bower, yeoman
- Knowledge of semantic HTML
- Understanding of browser developer tools
- Understanding of automated testing frameworks such as Mocha, Jasmine
- Understanding of automated testing tools such as Selenium
- Knowledge of BDD (Behavior Driven Development) and Gherkin
- Knowledge of TDD practices
- Knowledge of IOS or Android development
As the ideal candidate, you:
- Have a sense of humour
- Know that your routine is in fact, not routine
- Communicate exceptionally well with management, peers, and clients
- High attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Don’t blame others for your mistakes
- Get things done!