WHO ARE WE?
AST Trust Company (Canada) is a full-service, tech-enabled professional services firm that helps companies and security holders across North America maintain momentum through the use of secure corporate data, analytics, advisory services, and a strategic approach to every interaction.
AST was originally founded as a transfer agent in 1971. Through organic growth and strategic acquisitions, AST pioneered a new model of integrated services in the industry. Our affiliates now include D.F. King & Co., Inc. and Donlin, Recano & Company, Inc. Together, we lead the industry with a comprehensive portfolio that includes transfer agent and registrar services, corporate governance and advisory services, issuer and mutual fund proxy services, equity plan solutions, restructuring services, and class action and mission critical services.
Every day, through every interaction, we help clients streamline mission critical operations, increase efficiencies, and remove operational obstacles so that they can focus on moving their companies forward-in communications, in strategic planning, and in growth.
For more information, please visit www.astfinancial.com/ca-en
WHAT WE OFFER YOU!
We offer competitive wages and benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced medical and dental coverage for employees and their dependents
- Health care spending account
- Short and long term disability benefits
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- RRSP program with employer match
- Paid sick days
AST is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In addition, AST is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require any accommodations, we are happy to work with you to meet your needs.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Assume primary responsibility for managing and strengthening client relationships by building rapport with multiple functions at client organization.
- Develop and execute a call plan for all clients and identify upsell and cross sell new/value added services and build action plans accordingly.
- Update Salesforce with all key contacts, influences and opportunities.
- Prepare proposals and negotiate contracts as required.
- Work closely with the product development and business management of all product areas to help craft solutions to meet client needs.
- Alert senior management to real or potential issues. Post and update Salesforce with Client At Risk information.
- Review various legal and corporate documents/contracts, assessing degree of responsibility and risk for AST; consult with internal counsel; provide information to corporate clients, their legal counsel and underwriters, and sign contracts on behalf of AST, in addition to coordinating and attending closings.
- Manage the process of transferring new business to AST; ensure complete client documentation is in place; facilitate the effective integration of new clients into the ongoing operation and ensure appropriate system set up to allow the account to be run smoothly.
- Participate in the formulation and negotiation of fee quotes as required
- Travel within and out of province on occasion.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- College diploma or university degree, or equivalent experience preferably in Business Management.
- 5 to 7 years' experience in a similar role, financial services industry preferred.
- Bilingual English/French, an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, required.
- Canadian Securities Course, an asset.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients. Proven ability to understand clients' needs and develop the appropriate solutions.
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Thrives in a team environment as well as an effective independent worker.
- Poised, works well under pressure and accomplishing short- and long-term deadlines with a heavy workload.
If this sounds like you, then AST encourages you to apply. Please send your resume and cover letter as one document, with the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
- client relationship management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)
- English (Required)