An employee-owned Canadian company, Associated
Engineering provides a broad base of consulting
engineering services in the infrastructure, water,
transportation, environmental, building, energy, and
asset management sectors.
We currently have an opening for a Mechanical
Technologist in our Vancouver office.
Reporting to the manager, you will work with engineers
and other technologists to provide design, drafting,
modelling and construction inspection services for a
variety of public and private sector clients with a
focus on the buildings and vertical infrastructure
sectors. You will have experience in multiple market
areas which could include the following:
research, government and emergency services, sports and
recreation, healthcare, commercial, industrial and
office space, municipal water and wastewater, and arts
The ideal individual desires to make an impact on their
work place and be a leader in the Buildings Mechanical
practice. You will have the opportunity to engage in a
collaborative work environment with your team, as well
as other disciplines and offices. You must be motivated
and client-focused, quality production-oriented, and
thrive in a high-energy, fast-paced team environment.
Job Requirements:What you will bring to the table:
- A diploma in Engineering Design & Drafting, Building
Environmental Systems Technology or equivalent from an
accredited technical institute.
- 3- 5 years of progressive experience in computer-aided
design and drafting, of mechanical projects.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of the BC and National Building Codes,
National Plumbing Code, ASHRAE standards, and NFPA is an
- Familiar with data processing and spreadsheets.
- Project cost estimating and scheduling experience.
- Technical skills in the design of HVAC and overall
building mechanical controls system.
- Proficient in using HAP or similar building simulation
- Experience in construction inspection.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and
- Strong mathematical skills and attention to detail is
- Professional registration with ASTTBC is considered an
- Committed team player and highly motivated.