An employee-owned, Canadian company, Associated
Engineering provides a broad base of consulting
engineering services in the infrastructure, water,
transportation, environmental, building, energy, and
asset management sectors. We currently have an opening
for an Instrumentation and Controls (Automation)
Engineer in our state-of-the-art LEED(r) Gold certified in
our Vancouver office. If you are interested in
sustainable, energy efficient and innovative projects in
a carbon-neutral organization.
Reporting to the Manager, Mechanical, Power and
Automation. Responsibilities include the following:
- Analysis, design, testing, and commissioning of
instrumentation and control systems installations.
Installations may include advanced process controls,
distributed control systems, drives, program logic
controllers, supervisory control and data
acquisition systems, human/machine interfaces (HMI),
programming, and all associated work related to
infrastructure and building projects.
- Overseeing the drawing production and prepare
specifications for systems to be included in tender
Job Requirements:What you bring to the table:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited
- Minimum 10+ years of progressive experience is
- Registered, or eligible for registration as a P.Eng.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities and ability to
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a complex
environment, dealing with multiple projects and
- Experience in marketing and business development.
- Thorough understanding of piping and instrumentation
drawings, process control narratives and ISA
- Committed team player and self-motivated
- Experience with Revit MEP and Elecdes Suite is an
- Site inspection of electrical installations is an
- Proven technical skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of electrical service and motor control
- Demonstrated experience with PLC programming and HMI
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as
demonstrated through client and staff relations.