Business Title: Food Technician
Reports To (title): Food Scientist, Sr. Food Scientist, RDI Manager (or higher)
Location: Delta, BC
Exempt/Nonexempt Status: Non-Exempt
Position is a temporary assignment to backfill for a medical leave for 1 year to 18 months that may lead to permanent placement. Role is primarily document gathering and data entry and requires ability to follow directions and use a computer.
Assists with the design/plan/validation and implementation of new products, line extensions, product improvement and technical service for TreeHouse Foods that meet product offering requirements. Maintains R&D laboratory and equipment for specified location.
* Under direct supervision, conduct varied and routine tests in laboratory, pilot plant and production following recognized procedures.
* Performs technical assignments of simple to moderate complexity under supervision.
* Evaluates and records results, including product attributes, formulations, processing parameters. Maintain results in an organized manner
* Communicates results/observations to supervisor
* Support pilot plant, plant trials and product start-ups in collaboration with scientists and pilot and operations staff. Includes coordination of ingredients, product and shipping needs.
* Maintain appropriate inventories of commonly used ingredients and laboratory supplies
* Works under supervision to develop customer R&D samples and ship to customers as requested.
* Responsible for up keep of laboratory equipment
* Complete project objectives within established timeframe
* Maintain accurate and complete records
* Maintain an organized work area, following GMP's
Qualifications and Requirements:
Job Type: Full-time