Agrima Botanicals, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ascent Industries, is a patient focused company striving to provide patients with consistent, quality medical cannabis products and related services. With industry leading facilities, Agrima is setting standards and advancing the art and science of producing consistent, quality medical cannabis.
The Director of Medical Sales and Marketing will be responsible for building and managing the medical sales of the Agrima Botanicals portfolio. Critical to the continued success of Agrima Botanicals will be ongoing differentiation of the brand and company through various marketing and sales activities. The primary territory focus areas will include British Columbia and Alberta, with a focus that will widen to include all other major Canadian markets as the cannabis industry develops. The successful candidate will exude passion for the industry, demonstrate an aptitude for brand awareness and management, and exhibit flexibility with work schedules.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
Strategic Program Development and Evaluation:
- Develop sales, marketing and brand strategies to drive interest and loyalty to Agrima Botanicals brand, products and company within target groups, in collaboration with the Brand Management team;
- Create, implement and monitor overall marketing and sales activities for the Agrima Botanicals brand across Canada;
- Forecast sales, develop "out of the box" sales strategies/models and evaluate their effectiveness;
- Collaborate with marketing and brand teams, partners and vendors to create content driven marketing and sales material for distribution and promotion within the medical industry;
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status;
- Create and continuously update action items and plans; communicate as appropriate;
Operational and Educational Activities:
- Lead and support national medical sales negotiations with Doctors, Clinics, and other medical practitioners, develop requests for proposals and manage large, high-profile accounts and relationships in collaboration with Senior Level Management;
- Hold accountability for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the medical sales and marketing function and drive long0term organic growth through continuous improvement processes;
- Coordinate and participate in conferences, exhibitions, and educational events to drive industry and company awareness, and product differentiation;
- Attend meeting, sales events and trainings to keep abreast of the latest developments;
- Document and communicate progress reports, meeting updates, new relationships, prospects and other relevant metrics in CRM system;
- Assist with Agrima's global development projects where necessary;
Financial Planning and Control:
- Create a departmental budget; Ensure financial budgets are maintained and communicate financial implications to Senior Level Management;
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team;
- Develop, manage and maintain strong and productive relationships with key medical stakeholders (i.e. medicinal cannabis prescribers) in each region;
- Collaborate closely with VP of Research and Product Development and Medical Director in establishing and maintaining new and existing relationships in the medical field across Canada;
- Establish and facilitate advisory board meetings;
- Work closely with regulatory, medical and operational business units and relevant stakeholders;
- Maintain and expand client database within yourassigned territory;
- Managing hiring, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives;
- Designing incentive programs for the better motivation of the employees.
- Excellent understanding of cannabis industry, regulatory requirements, competitive landscape and medical fields;
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management;
- Knowledge of the traditional tenets of marketing and brand management;
- Understanding of the cannabis industry target demographic;
- Strong negotiation, communication, and relationship building skills;
- Developed project management skills, with ability to prioritize multiple parallel projects efficiently;
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Google Suite;
- Ability to self- motivate, develop and meet sales goals;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization;
Other Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Medicine, or Business required;
- 3-5 years' experience in sales account management;
- 3-5 years' experience in traditional tenets of marketing;
- Experience working with a CRM;
- Must have ability to travel.
Agrima Botanicals values a diverse workforce and encourages all interested applicants to apply. Those candidates whose skills and qualifications fit the role requirements will be further considered and contacted. Candidates chosen for employment will be required to undergo background and reference checks.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Agrima Botanicals!
Job Type: Full-time