Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression: Bring Your Vision to shape a better world.
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 13,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Your responsibilities will involve:
- Working under nominal supervision, undertaking electrical systems design, predominantly for building and infrastructure projects, including power distribution system, lighting, fire alarm, and other low voltage systems.
- Performing electrical engineering design, analysis and construction administration service on new and existing projects.
- Design and calculations for sizing of electrical systems and equipment..
- Conducting electrical system calculations including short circuit analysis, voltage drop calculations and photometric calculations
- Coordinating with equipment vendors’ for the selection and specification of electrical equipment.
- Preparation of construction documents for the electrical design of buildings, and or infrastructure projects in BIM/Revit and AutoCAD format.
- Coordinating work with architects and engineers of other disciplines
- Working with the entire design team to ensure the design meets the clients’ expectation and a fully coordinated interdisciplinary design.
- Proficiency in short circuit coordination study and arc flash analysis through software modeling a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 4 years of experience in electrical engineering fundamentals as they relate to building and/or transport infrastructure projects
- Strong understanding and hands-on knowledge of BIM and Revit
- Experience in the application of CSA Standards, Ontario Electrical Safety Code and Building Code
- May be required to visit job sites during construction so should be able to climb ladders etc.
- PEO license is a plus.
- Top applicants will possess excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills with colleagues and clients of all levels.
- Versatility, flexibility and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Excellent planning, organization and analytical skills required for our value driven environment.
- Should be highly motivated, proactive, willing to take on new challenges and grow their career.
- Must have strong attention to details, ability to work independently and showing initiative.
passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup offers an
outstanding benefits package including healthcare, GRRSP match, time off and profit share.
Arup is proud to be
an equal opportunity employer.