R capitulatif du poste
The Product Development Engineer must design and prepare models and engineering drawings of retail store fixtures based on preliminary concepts, specifications etc. He/she performs a variety of complex tasks in the design, development, modification, troubleshooting and testing of products. He/she also works from general instructions and technical specifications and applies technical knowledge to engineering/design and the development of retail store fixtures.
Candidate's duties may include but will not be limited to the following:
- Create 3D models and drawings for manufacturing using SolidWorks;
- Verify drawings ensuring they conform to requirements and design specifications;
- Read and interpret technical drawings, schematics
- To provide technical information and effective design ideas.
- Research and develop specifications used in the design process.
- Design & develop mechanisms and complex systems with moving parts
- Design & implement cost effective solutions to help improve safety and reliability of a product
- Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, suppliers and customers
- Ensure that a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments
- Help plan and design new production processes
- Recommend modifications following prototype test results and modify design as needed
- B.Eng. Mechanical Engineering Required
- 5+ years production steel manufacturing and engineering experience, preferably some experience in the store fixtures
- 3+ years of experience with 3D CAD software ie : Solidworks 2014+ or equivalent
- Bilingual - English and French
- Past experience in a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with various forms of industrial equipment and manufacturing process Metal /Wood
Type d'emploi : Permanent
- with 3D CAD software: 3 ans