Hey, we’re Article. We’re a digital-first furniture brand that’s engineering remarkably better furniture experiences. We don’t have brick and mortar stores, so we’re able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. Because of this, we’re growing like crazy and we need a few more hands on deck.
We’re looking for a Payroll & Benefits Administrator who is a master at attention to detail to manage payroll and benefits for our Canadian and US Particles. Key responsibilities include making sure Particles are paid on time and accurately and being the go-to person to answer any questions related to pay and benefits.
The Payroll & Benefits Administrator is an essential contribution to the Article team. Responsibilities and daily tasks include:
- Processing full cycle payroll for 200+ hourly and salaried employees in Canada and the US.
- Ensuring payroll data is secure and maintained in a confidential manner.
- Reviewing hourly employee timesheets for accuracy (i.e. correct total hours, days worked, wage rates, overtime calculations etc).
- Preparing government reporting and remittances.
- Managing taxable benefits and payroll deductions.
- Managing US benefits enrollment and administration, including COBRA compliance.
- Preparing payroll related month-end entries and GL account reconciliations.
- Managing year-end tax form generation and reconciliations.
- Maintaining employee database including setting up new hires, deductions/benefits, terminations salary changes, group health benefit changes and all payroll related changes.
- Preparing a variety of reports and remittances for payroll & benefits vendors and government agencies (i.e. CRA, WCB, MSP).
- Responding to employee and external customer inquiries relating to payroll.
- Collaborating with the HR team to efficiently implement payroll changes.
- Assisting with payroll process improvements and initiatives.
- Completing additional ad-hoc projects related to payroll and benefits functions as needed.
- Minimum 2 years of related payroll experience, with strong knowledge of payroll processes and systems.
- Canadian payroll designation (PCP, CPM).
- Understanding of employment standards, taxable benefits and payroll deductions.
- Basic Excel skills.
- Must be meticulous and detail oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Previous exposure to US payroll and US payroll legislation is an asset.
- Technical aptitude including working knowledge of Ceridian and/or Paychex payroll systems is an asset.
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- The tools you need to get your job done well! We supply state-of-the-art laptops and the software you need to succeed.
- A great office. The Article space is housed in a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, complimentary snacks, and a killer sushi joint just up the street.
- Access to a benefits package with all the bells and whistles.
- Discounts on our products, plus free upgraded delivery so you can style your home how you like it.
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! We’re open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you.