WHO ARE WE?
Arthritis Research Canada (ARC) is an independent, not for profit charitable organization that is home to Canada s largest and most successful clinical research centre. Since its creation in 1999, Arthritis Research Canada has earned international attention and recognition. The mission of ARC is driven by the vision of its Board of Directors, Research Scientists and staff members who are focused on research related to arthritis prevention, early diagnosis and treatment, and quality of life issues for those with arthritis.
ARC is located directly across the street from the Lansdowne Centre skytrain station in Richmond, a 20 minute commute from waterfront station in Vancouver. For those who drive, ARC provides free parking.
Seeking a part-time Fund Development Administrative Assistant with strong database skills to join the Fund Development team and take responsibility for the efficient operation of the department, including all administrative duties, systems and processes. This position requires someone with strong technical, organizational and multi-tasking abilities, along with the confidence to communicate easily and professionally with volunteers, donors and fellow staff. We are looking for an individual who has great attention to detail and approaches their work with enthusiasm.
Director of Development
- Maintain departmental administrative systems, including tracking and filing systems.
- Maintain and update donor database as per the policy and procedure manual.
- Receive and process donations including preparing thank you letters and tax receipts
- Prepare reports, letters, presentations, and standard fund development templates for internal and external use.
- Run database queries and provide reports as required.
- Maintain calendars, schedule and prepare for meetings, including materials and logistics
- Assist in the planning, coordination and implementation of donor and special events, including invitation distribution and lists, mail merges, and attendance tracking.
- Prepare research, analysis, reports and briefing notes in support of fund development and special project work.
- Communicate effectively and maintain discretion on behalf of the Fund Development department.
- Provide support as needed, including switchboard/reception relief.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Work experience in the not-for-profit sector an asset
- Strong database skills. Raiser s Edge software/database experience an asset
- Minimum 3 -5 years work experience in business admin or equivalent in related subject area
- Demonstrated computer skills, with competency in using advanced features of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and the Internet.
- Ability to prepare letters and documents in standard business formats.
- Superior organizational, time management and multi-tasking abilities and attention to detail.
- Experience in coordination and event planning, including logistics and sourcing quotes
- Ability to research information and summarize key details.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written and a pleasant phone manner.
- Ability to work independently and reliably within a team environment
- Ability to work with staff, Board members and donors with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to handle confidential matters.
- Reports directly to the Director of Development
- Works closely with ARC administrative staff, including Marketing and Communications
- Relates well to ARC key stakeholders and members of the public
- Assist in the stewardship and maintenance of donor and volunteer relationships
This is a part-time position (3 days per week). Work hours are 9:00 am 5:00 pm.
Applicants must have a valid BC Driver s License and vehicle.
Arthritis Research Canada offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Please forward your resume and covering letter to;
Director of Development
Arthritis Research Canada
5591 No. 3 Road Richmond, BC V6X 2C7
Application deadline TUESDAY, JULY 31, 2018
No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time