Arobas Personnel is looking for a senior SQL developer for a full-time position at one of its clients in Montreal.
Reporting into the Senior Director, Analytics and Reporting (Reach and Response), the Senior SQL Developer will be primarily focused on the automation of manual reporting tasks in SQL Server Reporting Services.
Using stored procedures based on existing data queries in data warehouses, the Senior Developer will be tasked with creating automated and/or self-service reports for the Business Units of the business.
In addition the role will support the Reach and Response team with any data requirements they may need from the data warehouse.
What you will do:
- Automate manual reporting tasks using data warehouse tables by creating stored procedures to deploy reports on SQL Server Reporting Services and/or Tableau.
- Ensure the delivery of pre-scheduled Business Unit data analysis and its ongoing development.
- Ensure the delivery of client data analyses and program data, according to predetermined schedule and client specifications.
- Lead the development and implementation of new analytic methodologies and solutions, focusing on report automation.
- Proactively identify opportunities to apply business intelligence to improve business performance.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve underlying data structures.
- Effectively communicate results and recommendations to senior management.
- Create stored procedures to produce reporting metrics from data warehouse tables.
- Assist in maintaining the data warehouse environment.
- Supporting Project Manager and Program Co-ordinators with creating queries to help them pull ad-hoc data requests.
Who you are:
- Advanced knowledge of SQL specifically MS-SQL Server, MySQL and Amazon Redshift.
- Advanced knowledge of deploying reports on SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Advanced knowledge of creating Stored Procedures.
- Analytical/logical mindset.
- Solid team player – able to work efficiently with multiple groups within the team.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel – able to synthesize and analyze large data sets to yield actionable findings (e.g. Lookup formulae, pivot tables and Macro creation).
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree
- 3-4 years minimum in a similar role
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Data warehouse/modeling experience
- Experience with Tableau Reporting is an asset