Arobas Personnel is looking for a java developer for one of its clients in Montreal.
As Java Developer, you will be working within a collaborative team, located downtown Montreal, building an innovative lending platform using the Agile Scrum methodology. Our client Is looking for permanent employee or/and consultants (temporary freelancers). The application is based on the Ruby On Rails framework. You will be involved in developing all parts of the application stretching from tests, database queries, front-end, to deployment engineering and code refactoring. Java, Ruby Rails 3, MongoDB, jQuery, HAML, SASS and Git are some of the tools you will be using.
- Design, prototype, develop, test maintain web-based applications with backend components.
- Refine the software to continuously improve its performance.
- Add new features to drive user engagement and add value.
- Unit tests and working closely with QA for bug fixing.
- Passionate about building great software.
- Bachelor’s degree (Asset) or equivalent skills and professional experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of software/web development experience.
- Experience coding In Java.
- Experience coding in Ruby on Rails. (Asset)
- Ability to communicate and deliver creative solutions on time.
- Ability to work on the whole application stack: OS (Linux) / DB (MySql) / MVC Development Framework/JS / CSS/ HTML.
- Ability to work with HAML/JQuery/SASS/Linux/MYSQL
- Team player, flexible and willing to multitask
- Strong work ethic and professionalism Good communication skills.
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to build on Team Knowledge Sharing.
- Values code esthetics.
- Familiar with financial platform/industry. (Asset)