Arobas Personnel is looking for an intermediate software developer for a full-time position at one of its clients in Montreal.
Your work will span:
(i) software design and development for current and future product lines,
(ii) applying the software development process across the development activities to support the application and research teams, and
(iii) supporting the backend API and SDKs of the current product line.
- Design of brand new applications;
- Update SDK and API interfaces to support multiple internal and external clients;
- Design and develop tools that make a direct impact on productivity and workflow;
- Port existing code base to specific embedded platforms;
- Ability to understand and produce UML diagrams;
- Break down complex technical concepts to non-technical people;
- Optimize code;
- Maintenance of existing code base;
- Support team members.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong skills in C++ 11, Python and other scripting language;
- Strong object-oriented design skills and Design Patterns proficiency;
- Strong code optimization skills;
- Ability to learn and comprehend complex systems and innovative technology;
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong attention to detail;
- Able to think beyond requirements with a mind-set towards delivering quality product.
- Flexibility and comfort working in a small, fast-paced, and dynamic company environment with a technical focus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactive self-starter capable of working independently and responsibly with sensitivity to confidential information.
Academic and Experience:
- 5+ years in application software environments;
- Experience in code optimization;
- Experience with embedded platforms is an asset;
- Experience with mass-market products is an asset.
Values and Attitude:
- Value team spirit;
- Action and results oriented;
- Demonstrates autonomy and adaptability to meet his/her commitments.
- Fluent in either English or French
- Valid work permit required.
- Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.