Arobas Personnel is looking for a director of development for a full-time position at one of its clients in Montreal.
This position offers a challenging and high-profile opportunity to lead a team, collaborating with internal and external business partners and coaching individuals towards achieving the goals and objectives across our agile teams. The candidate must have a good experience with agile development practices such as Scrum or eXtreme Programming. This position will report directly the the CIO of the company. Development is done at our Montreal office. On rare occasion, the candidate has to travel. Our product is deployed in a Software-as-a-Service model.
- Overseeing and coordinating resources who support work across our agile framework and partnering with functional leaders across the organization. Ensure communication between departments and teams.
- Collaborate with the architects on the architecture of the products & create a common vision.
- Guide and influence agile development teams.
- Provide support and guidance to the product owner.
- Continual Improvement of the development process.
- Management and allocation of development resources.
- Advocating and coaching cross functional team members on performance development, including Establishing performance goals, individual development plans, comprising soft and technical skills and career growth.
- Ensuring that the TPM releases are delivered on time and on budget.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to clients, internal and external when applicable.
- Overseeing and optimizing TCO (cost to host our applications).
- Overseeing and optimizing total cost of development.
- Collaborate with the hosting team to ensure security best practices are in place within the product realm from inception to service delivery to customers.
- Participate in budget process.
- Scientific Research and Experimental development (SRED) tax incentive program.
- Monthly reports to the CTO or as requested.
- Essential - Inspirational leader with experience managing high performing teams and direct reports
- Essential – Agile and related practices
- Essential - Ability to work well with a cross-functional, geographically dispersed team
- Essential - Demonstrates strong aptitude for mentoring/coaching and a passion for development of people
- Important – Possesses good knowledge of multi-tiers web systems architectures
- Important - Organizational awareness; ability to influence conversations across various levels of the business
- Important – Experience with Software as a Service model (SaaS)
- Asset – Experience with databases (Oracle, SQLServer)
- Asset – Experience with business intelligence (OLAP – MS SSAS)
- Asset – Experience with Product Deployment in a SaaS environment
- Essential – People oriented (People, process, tool)
- Essential – Experience in software development
- Essential – At least 4 to 6 years in project management as well as managing people
- Essential – Bilingual
- Essential – Ability to guide and influence people
- Essential – Autonomous, leadership and solid organizational skills
- Essential – Diligent, detailed, mindful, thorough and flexible
- Essential – Strong communication skill
- Important – Ability to multi-task
- Important – Experience in Product Management
- Asset - CRM / TPM / RE (Trade Promotion Management) knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree or similar experience
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
In addition to the above-mentioned Role Specific Competencies, all employees will be expected to demonstrate Core Competencies as determined by the executive leadership team and Human Resources.
- Highly motivated, adaptable and eager to work with other teams to optimize processes and relations
- Passion to work with people and help them to grow
- The ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a hectic environment
- Contributes to a positive work environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Develops alternative courses of action and makes decisions based on logical assumptions that reflect factual information
- Generates and/or recognizes creative solutions and innovations in work related situations to mitigate risks to project success
- Encourages and facilitates the transfer of information, experience, and technology both within and across project and departmental boundaries