Arobas Personnel is looking for a Business Systems Analyst for a full-time position at one of our clients in Montreal.
Strategy & Planning PS
- Collaborate with IT members and meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Conduct interviews to gather user requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems or improvements to existing for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Write technical specifications that fulfill business requirements
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of systems analysis in order to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions.
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Collaborate with stakeholders in the planning, design, development, and training/deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Conduct research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Participate in the QA of purchased solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Document, analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Create business requirements, functional specifications and system design proposals.
- Where applicable, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on the user requirements
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in operational systems across the organization.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements– verbally or and through written documentation – to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Create systems models, technical specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Develop test strategies and test cases based upon the user requirements and functional specifications of implementations of new systems or improvements to existing systems.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Identify necessary interfaces between systems to ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree in the field of MIS, computer science or software engineering
- Five to seven years related work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Proven experience in capturing Business Requirements and transforming these into functional specifications and system design proposals for internal developers and external IT vendors. Technically competent with various software programs, such as MS Office and MS Visio.
- Proven experience in the operation and analysis of database hardware, software, and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies.
- In depth knowledge of application development approaches, processes and methodologies
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Working knowledge of Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK)
- High Level knowledge of VB .Net, C+.NET, MS SQL and ASP.NET.
- Familiarity with Brokerage and Logistics Operations and Systems a plus.
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action on it.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Keen attention to detail.