The Marketing Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Business Development Specialist in the New York office. Working closely with the Senior Business Development Manager, the Business Development Specialist will primarily focus on providing support for the Firm’s Financial Services Industry Group. The candidate must be able to proactively and independently lead, prioritize and coordinate various projects simultaneously.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating team meeting logistics and post-meeting follow-ups.
- Working with the Market Research Department to conduct and maintain competitive intelligence on clients, industries and competitors.
- Developing and coordinating events, client trainings, webinars and conferences.
- Documenting and maintaining industry-specific experience and credentials.
- Creating, editing and disseminating materials, including pitches/proposals and RFP responses.
- Helping to execute and track progress of industry business development plan and strategy.
- Developing an understanding of priority clients within the industry’s current work, key contacts, and practice offerings and work with Senior BD Manager on relationship building strategies.
- Collaborating with team members and lawyers across the Arnold & Porter offices on cross-practice integrated client outreach and marketing campaigns related to the Financial Services industry.
- Liaising with various Firm departments to carry out Firm wide initiatives related to the Financial Services Industry Group.
- Handling additional related projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three years of marketing experience in a law firm or professional services firm; client or industry focus experience preferred.
- Basic market knowledge of the financial services industry.
- Persuasive writing skills for presentations, proposals and other marketing materials.
- Outstanding organization skills with attention to detail.
- Capable of handling many projects simultaneously.
- Excellent computer and internet skills necessary; proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience with key research tools and databases, including experience, billing, client contacts and other web based research tools.
- Use of InterAction and Marketing databases required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated maturity and ability to work well under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.