The Marketing Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Business Development Coordinator in the New York office responsible for providing support for business development activities for the Firm’s transactional practices, with the majority of time devoted to conference preparation, pitches/proposals and collecting/updating practice group experience information for submissions and rankings. This position works with lawyers, business development managers, and other Firm staff to coordinate practice group and individual attorney business development and marketing efforts. A successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and be dedicated to providing the highest level of service to our attorneys, our clients, and other members of the marketing department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting RFP, pitch, and proposal processes from planning through submission. Elements of this responsibility include, for example:
o Working with attorneys, marketing staff, and other Firm personnel in the development and execution of proposals and presentations.
o Organizing information relating to proposals and coordinating personnel contributing to the proposal processes.
o Identifying most applicable content, editing existing content, and drafting new content for proposals and pitches.
o Coordinating information and research requests with the Research Services and Finance & Accounting departments.
o Coordinating assembly/production and delivery of finished product.
- Working with Business Development Managers to provide support for the full range of practice group marketing and business development activity, including sponsorships and presentations.
- Overseeing editing and production of individual practice or industry team newsletters or communications.
- Collecting and coordinating data for practice group submissions to Chambers and other rankings/awards submissions.
- Using InterAction to identify and confirm relationship targets.
- Entering data into various databases, including: central proposal content database; attorney experience and deals databases; and pitch/proposal tracking database.
- Managing practice group content on the Firm’s website, including biographies and experience highlights.
- Providing support for attorneys reaching out to targeted contacts and clients, including creation of targeted lists for specific business development efforts and events.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of two years of marketing and/or proposal experience or related experience.
- Prior experience in proposal assembly and creation preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrates strategic focus and self-motivation.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, in oral and written form, with people at all levels within the Firm.
- Exhibit superior attention to detail and pride in high quality deliverables.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.