Arnett & Burgess (A&B) is seeking an enthusiastic and organized IT Application Support Administrator to join our growing team.
The primary goal for this role will be to provide technical assistance in the design, development and deployment of business focused applications for A&B's internal stakeholders. In addition to application support you will also provide technical assistance to your office and field A&B co-workers; assist in the procurement and management of IT equipment and infrastructure.
In this role, you will be required to triage and resolve or escalate issues at our A&B locations via telephone, email, remote connection or in person. This position will be based in our Calgary office and occasional travel to remote field sites around Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia will be required. A valid passport for occasional travel to the USA for IT related meetings will also required.
- Provide excellent customer service and demonstrate courteous and professional behavior in-person, on-site and via remote access tools.
- Assist in the design, development and deployment of internal applications, improving business efficiencies and reducing errors.
- Deploy, support and maintain A&B owned IT equipment including handheld devices and peripherals.
- Manage, report and resolve IT issues, escalating to management as required.
- Train, orient and respond to questions from new staff on proper use of IT equipment and applications.
- Keep apprised of new technologies and confer with the IT Team to recommend improvements that increase the overall reliability and integrity of our systems.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Information Technology related discipline is preferred. Microsoft certifications are a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in an Information Technology related role.
- Experience with SQL Server deployment and database best practices will be an asset.
Solid understanding of Active Directory (LDAP), IIS and web integrations via APIs is an asset.
Valid Class 5 driver’s license (without restrictions) and ability to travel to US for meetings.
The individual must be self-motivated and a team player.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
A&B’s IT Team is a small but rapidly growing group and there will be many opportunities to experience all aspects of IT. If you are passionate about a carrier in technology, we want to hear from you.
A&B would like to thank all those who apply, but only those selected for potential employment will be contacted.