Armtec-Canada Culvert is a national supplier of steel and HDPE drainage and highway construction products and solutions. We play a vital role in infrastructure and construction projects in the public and private sectors. Our clients come from a wide range of industries in the agriculture, industrial, commercial, institutional and residential sectors as well as mining and natural resources. We have offices, plants and yards across Canada.
Armtec-Canada Culvert is a member of WGI Westman Group Inc., a dynamic, entrepreneurial group dedicated to the growth of their employees, customers and the communities in which they operate. Founded in 1976, WGI is recognized as Platinum members of Canada's Best Managed Companies.
In this role, the successful candidate will operate truck and trailer in a safe manner in accordance to the Highway Traffic-Act, perform pre-trip inspections and complete all necessary log-sheet. Deliver and pick-up material from customers and supplier in a timely and professional manner, while adhering to all Armtec - Canada Culvert and customer / supplier requirements.
- Represent Armtec - Canada Culvert in a positive and professional manner while at delivery sites and while driving on the public roadway.
- Perform required pre and post-trip vehicle inspection's and complete required paperwork.
- Determine best route for delivery considering weather, time and road conditions.
- Inspect all material while loading and unloading, and report any damaged material found immediately.
- Safely load / secure items onto truck with forklift assistance.
- Address general concerns or questions from customers.
- Label returns correctly when unloading in the Yard.
- Safely unload items at delivery site.
- Assist in any yard duties, as instructed.
- Keep the truck / trailer and all workspaces clean.
- Turn in all necessary paperwork at the end of each day / week.
- Obey all plant rules and safety procedures.
Education and experience:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Valid AZ driver's license with 2-3 years' experience
This role requires the following qualifications:
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid organizational, time and priority management skills
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- Clean driving record & CVOR abstract
- Ability to read a map and plan delivery route to maximize efficiency
- Forklift certification required or the ability to obtain forklift certification
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Proven ability to multi-task (work in the yard) / hands-on
- Physically fit; able to lift up to 75 lbs alone and up to 150 lbs with assistance
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, which includes a competitive wage, group benefits, Employee Assistant Plan, professional growth, and continuous learning.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Driving: 2 years (Required)