The Accounts Payable Clerk is primarily responsible for processing/analyzing invoices and firm related expenses with accuracy, timeliness in accordance with Firm policies, maintaining accurate financial records and controls, and ensuring excellent customer service for internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews invoices, check requests and expense reimbursements for accuracy, proper approvals and other supporting evidence
- Enters invoices, check requests and expense reimbursements into the accounting software
- Works with internal/external payment requestors to obtain sufficient information to support payments including invoices, tax id numbers, etc.
- Scans documents into electronic imaging system
- Reviews vendor statements and resolves any issues
- Responds to internal/external inquiries on payment status via email or phone
- Assists with the Accounts Payable supervisor with reports and reconciliations as needed
- Identifies, reports and tracks issues while offering suggestions for system/process improvements
- Performs adhoc projects/duties as they arise
- Assists in cash receipts postings when needed
Essential Job Specifications/Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High degree of attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to handle a high-volume of work efficiently.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or business is preferred
- Excellent time-management and communication skills.
- Willing to work cross-functional and active desire to learn.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate appropriate initiative when making decisions.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service through timely responses to both internal personnel and external vendors.
- 1-2 years of accounts payable experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Armstrong Teasdale Benefits:
- Competitive health, dental and vision benefits
- Firm-paid pension plan and 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave program
- 12-week paid maternity leave
- Firm-paid group term life insurance and accidental death/dismemberment insurance
- Competitive pay and annual bonus program
- On-site family health center: CenKare
- On-site car wash, dry cleaning, fitness center, and dining at reduced costs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Recruitment referral bonus program
- Paid time off
- Flexible work schedules
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent in the position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of personnel so classified.
Job Type: Full-time
- office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounts Payable: 2 years (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)